im wanting to get flesh tubes but havnt even got my ears pierced yet, im planning on getting it done tomorow. but my brother thinks that you can get your ears pierced with a bigger hole to begin with so its easier to start streching and apperently they put a bar into it instead of a stud, does anyone know if this is right or is my brother just an idiot?
also does ear streching hurt alot??
#3 of the dean owners club. PM g1asseye to join
I stretched one of my piercings once and it hurt like hell. I don't think you can get it done with a bigger hole they probably just sell you a wider stud or something. Just gradually put wider studs in, and it will hurt less when you put a strether/plug in
its hurts a bit, you gotta take your time. im pretty sure you have to start with a normal piercing
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
well just to let you know, don't stretch it yourself.
you can get in major shit for that, yeah, its against the law.
just go to a pericer and ask them about it, they'll tell you all you want to know.
I really don't think it is, and I don't think anyone can do anything about it. But just be careful not to let it get infected, or hit it, and you will be fine.
Quote by Smitty101
well just to let you know, don't stretch it yourself.
you can get in major shit for that, yeah, its against the law.
just go to a pericer and ask them about it, they'll tell you all you want to know.

what???

shut up haha i know tonnes of people that have done it

TS- yeah they are pretty good for stretching, although my mate got...hmmm...lets see if i can find a pic lol

http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/acrylic_spiral_darkside_black_acrylic_spiral_9203428.cfm

http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/fimo_stretching_tapers_9470428.cfm

both of those are pretty good- the website is good too lol
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
what???

shut up haha i know tonnes of people that have done it

TS- yeah they are pretty good for stretching, although my mate got...hmmm...lets see if i can find a pic lol

http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/acrylic_spiral_darkside_black_acrylic_spiral_9203428.cfm

http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/fimo_stretching_tapers_9470428.cfm

both of those are pretty good- the website is good too lol

yeah i really like those ones on the second link they are awsome
if you're doing it yourself yes.
you can get arrested for using medical tools without a liscence.
sounds like a party to me.
thats 5 years in prison.

BUT if you go to a peircer, no.
Does a stretcher count as a medical tool?

Because I know loads of people who have put just a normal stretcher in. And if they are a medical tool would piercing shops be allowed to sell them to people without a liscence?
DONT peirce a bigger hole, if you ever change your mind, they wont heal to normal size, and most places won't do it anyway.

Peirce them normally, than wait 6 weeks, then strech using an expander (that picture), or going back to the parlor, and get the peircer to do it. You can dead strech aswell, I don't recommend this. BTW, it's gonna hurt much less, if you get a pro to stretch for you. You have to wait AT LEAST 3 weeks before streches. I only waited 2 for my last one, which i did myself with tapers (12g to 6g, or 2.5mm to 4mm to us normal people).

And do a google search, or ask questions at parlors, good places will encourage questions.

And no, it doesn't hurt much. Nothing compared to other pericings (tounge, cartilage... ect)
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by Smitty101
if you're doing it yourself yes.
you can get arrested for using medical tools without a liscence.
sounds like a party to me.
thats 5 years in prison.

BUT if you go to a peircer, no.

yeh but what country are you from, im from england, and is a strecher really a medical tool?
Tapers sure as hell aren't illegal. I'm from Wales, if you didn't guess.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
wtf. you can go as high as you want with ear piercing you just need a dermal punch or they could scaple it,..
Quote by x/taluha
wtf. you can go as high as you want with ear piercing you just need a dermal punch or they could scaple it,..

Yeah, but scalpeling leaves scar tissue, which means is usually leaves a nasty mark if you ever decude you dont want plugs anymore. And it wan't heal as much.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by Welsh Guitar
Yeah, but scalpeling leaves scar tissue, which means is usually leaves a nasty mark if you ever decude you dont want plugs anymore. And it wan't heal as much.

what do you mean by scalpeling? lol
I have one it's 14mm, perfect size!
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children
And no I'm not gay. I'm 100% straight.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
Basically cutting a bigger hole. Don't do it, cause-

"Isn’t it easier to punch larger holes to begin with?
Many piercers refuse to punch large holes because totally removing a plug of skin makes it difficult, if not impossible, to size back down later. Skin is resilient, so leaving it there and forcing it to stretch makes it easier to return to a smaller hole if you decide to gauge down.

Taken from http://jewelry.about.com/od/bodyjewelry/a/gauging_lobes.htm

EDIT:
Quote by guitaristdave
I have one it's 14mm, perfect size!

Nice, how much did you wait between stretches?
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
yeh i will just use those little strecher things, i think ill just go up to 10mm though ive heard if u go much bigger the hole will never go back
Right, this should have gone in the body mod thread but just listen to this...

I'd say don't do it until you have educated yourself about it (educated? as in no longer calling them 'those little strecher things), if it turns out you want to be serious about stretching them you may regret what you did to start with, or if you want to loose them later on you may regret going too big or getting it scalpelled or dermal punched while you knew so little (you can't go back afterwards unless you get the exess lobe cut off and stitched back).

Basically, tapers are you best option until about 00g (9mm or so). They aren't illegal in England.

You can get it pierced at a larger gauge than 'normal'. Wait at least 3 weeks until your first stretch and then at least 6-8 weeks between each stretch afterwards to let your ears heal. Stretching can hurt A LOT if you don't do it slowly enough. I stretched mine too quickly with size jumps which are too big and it hurt like hell. Only go up a gauge or two at a time.

What are the sizes then eh?

http://www.organicjewelry.com/conversionchart.html

Hope that helped.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Last edited by DigUpHerBones at Mar 16, 2007,
Quote by dean_from_hell
yeh i will just use those little strecher things, i think ill just go up to 10mm though ive heard if u go much bigger the hole will never go back

I have 10mm, ive had it for the past 4 years, i like it personally. What you can do is start at a 16 gauge by getting pierced with a needle instead of a stud gun, which makes it heal a lot faster and is a lot better for your ear. then just wait for it to heal then gradually make its bigger.
Quote by dean_from_hell

That happens with smaller sizes aswell, if you leave it on for a long time. But any size will shrink, but once you pass a certain mark, itll never go back. Look at the article I posted earlier for more info.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410