I have a dkmg dinky with a floyd rose trem that I got for 125 bucks from GC. (and they threw in an extra set of strings. ) It had a big ding and the floyd rose was kind of wacked out of place, but I believe I still got a hell of a deal especially with the 81/85 emg's that came with it. Anyways, I got he FR back in order, & covered up the ding however the low e string always feels loose. I went from 9-43 strings to 10-46 and it still feels loose. It always slips off the frets. I also tightened up the springs a bit to increase the tension. The FR is sitting flush with no string rattle. What's going on and how do I fix this?

Edit: I also adjusted the neck as it seemed a little bit off center. It's now fairly well straight.

Also I believe this is the dkmg dinky. It has the sharkfin inlays on the neck, but it's dark metallic red and I've never seen any other dkmg dinky in this color. It was used so I don't know exactly what model it is.
Last edited by dinkyfendersg at Mar 16, 2007,
see if your neck is bent, also you may need to have that professionally checked out
There are only three things in life that you can count on...
Death
Taxes
METAL

Jericho Fusion quilted maple-BKP painkiller
LTD Stephen Carpenter SC-207 -EMG 707s
Schecter Omen 6 - SD invader
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
well that explains why you got it cheap.. mine was originally $600 and i got it for $400 because of a special discount by a friend and i was buying $1200 worth of stuff so he gave me a little bit off.. but yeah professionally checked out for sure
Quote by MikeWO
That's like asking if you can get fat by looking at a burger.

Quote by Mein Kampf
Black people still exist?

--------------------
Equipment
--------------------
Jackson DXMG
Digtech Rp150
Fender FM212R
1932 Allero Acoustic
sounds like it could be a warped neck.. check the neck to see how it looks.. also what brand strings did they give you???

also make sure you tuned up ..

but there is a reason they sold it to you for such a cheap price...
any info on whether this is a dkmg?

24 frets
Licensed FR trem double lock
Sharkfin inlays on neck
dark red metallic
bolt on neck
they gave me ghs strings 9-43 with it. Does anyone else have the problem of a slightly loose low e string. It's not like it's falling off or anything but just feels a bit more loose than say my fender strat. Maybe it's the reversed head stock design causing this? any thoughts on this?
um yeah i checked mine out.. and to me if you put the strings in on the left side of the tuning bolt its kinda easier to take off the frets when you bend but if you put it on the right side its not as easy so just redo the way you put it on if its that way
Quote by MikeWO
That's like asking if you can get fat by looking at a burger.

Quote by Mein Kampf
Black people still exist?

--------------------
Equipment
--------------------
Jackson DXMG
Digtech Rp150
Fender FM212R
1932 Allero Acoustic