I just found this link where Kerry King was talking about how Dime, Zakk and Himself where going to do G3 before he died, I think this would have been a great show a bit of a change from what they normally would have done, what do you guys think about this?
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
Three average guitarists don't make a good show.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

I doubt it would be the official G3. I just think they meant they would copy it.

No offense, but that would probably sound horrible with all three of them up there. Bad tone would destroy the show.
yah.. I'd rather just see Slayer, Pantera, and BLS.. than the three guitarists alone... simply because they don't really write music thats designed for "just" guitar, whereas Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson, John Petrucci, and Paul Gilbert all have albums that are solely instrumental, or at the very least, the guitar is the prominant instrument/sound...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
I agree with Strike. They're all excellent metal guitarists, but it'd be really boring after like 5 minutes.
Quote by Striketalonx
yah.. I'd rather just see Slayer, Pantera, and BLS.. than the three guitarists alone... simply because they don't really write music thats designed for "just" guitar, whereas Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson, John Petrucci, and Paul Gilbert all have albums that are solely instrumental, or at the very least, the guitar is the prominant instrument/sound...

+1
Quote by player o slayer
what exactly is G3?

Malmsteen, Vai and Satriani

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
That would have been horrible

Out of them Dimebag>, but they all need to look up the word "tone" and I don't see how they'd make a good show playing lead guitar (like how Vai, Satch, Johnson, Malmsteen, or even Petrucci or Paul Gilbert would - they're all superior players in that sense by a long shot).
-Mike
Hmm..

*lights flash*

*pentatonic wank*

*whammy bar wank*

*pentatonic whammy-wank*

*spotlight on Zakk*

*pentatonic wank*

*spotlight on Kerry and Dime*

*harmonized whammy bar wanking*

*me leaves*
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
they were talking about doing an album together, not a solo tour...
Read my post. Not this.
"Yeah, so this is one off my unreleased solo record, it's called Only Christians Don't Pleasure Themselves With Whammy Bars"
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Hmm, i don't think it would really work. with G3 it's guitarists that are amazingly good and do loads of differant things so there guitaring can speak for itself. zakk, dime and kerry are great players but there more limated to a few certain teqnuiqes that they use most of the time

Don't get me wrong though, i prefer a shorter, not as tecnicall, catchy solo to a epic instumental anyday
Quote by pumpkins_rule
Three average guitarists don't make a good show.

OH SHUT UP Ild Rather Seethose guys then joe satriani john petrucci and steve vai go
"look at uss were so versitle and amazing I can play fast sweep licks using jazz chords"

just because Zakk Kerry and Dimes shows arn;t just guitar geeks going"oh my god he has such amazing use of phrigian dominant scale arpeggos " or "he can play a G9sus arpegio all the way up the neck " dosent make them any worse than the G3 guys when I heard BLS cover of I never deamed I was amazed that solo tugs at Your heart strings
I saw the interview (the guitar world "Ask a guitar hero") where Kerry said he, Zakk, and Dime joked about it and thought it would be cool. They never said they were gonna do it. He stated it would be the only solo project he would ever even consider doing.

And Kerry and Dime were gonna cover a song (don't remember the title) together but decided to do it right and not rush. They planned it for win Damage Plan stopped touring, but we all know what happened. He stated he would like to get with Zakk and do it for Dime as well.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
* spotlight on *

*three guys start playing lynard skynards "I know a little"*

* guys start jamming with some heavy head bangin guitar riffs*

* Dime starts playing some legato van halen style stuff vs zakks Yngwie style playing*

* kerry has a seizure with his whammy bar and some tapping*

* zakk pulls out an acustic and plays some*

* All three Guys have a drinkin Contest *

*All three Guys Have shredding Contest*

* contest see whats loudest marshall krank *

* whos got the coolest guitar *

that sounds like a good show
Quote by outlaw metaler
OH SHUT UP Ild Rather Seethose guys then joe satriani john petrucci and steve vai go
"look at uss were so versitle and amazing I can play fast sweep licks using jazz chords"

just because Zakk Kerry and Dimes shows arn;t just guitar geeks going"oh my god he has such amazing use of phrigian dominant scale arpeggos " or "he can play a G9sus arpegio all the way up the neck " dosent make them any worse than the G3 guys when I heard BLS cover of I never deamed I was amazed that solo tugs at Your heart strings

The point is that not one of those players actually have solo careers, they are guys who play in bands, not the bands themselves (though it could be argued that Zakk is pretty much BLS).

Petrucci probably wouldn't have been on G3 if he hadn't made Suspended Animation.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
i dont care what anybody says that would be a sweet show
seeing all them together at once would be unbelievable
R.I.P. Dimebag - Gone but Never Forgotten

#123 Member of the 'Linkin Park Sucks' Club. PM Whstripesrox to join.
more like

Kerry wanks tasteless chromatics and whammy bar antics

I leave
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
I love how people hate on guitarists so much. According to this site anyone who has ever picked up a guitar is over-rated and sucks and you'd walk out on...

I'll admit Kerry and Zakk aren't the best, but who the **** are you to say they suck? Kinda like a bum telling someone who works at Mc Donalds to get a real job if you ask me.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Oh stop I would love to Zakk Wylde or Kerry King play a show as a solo guitarist and have it NOT suck - seriously, let's be honest here. I've seen enough of both of them just friggin youtube Zakk Wylde, he's not going to do what the g3 guys do, he's going to do this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sFUbsFQiLBE

Yeah you might think that's good - that makes him a rockstar, plays in a band, wanks - not a solo musician who gets out there and plays without any sort of singing for an hour

and btw I'm not saying that's bad playing it's not

now if he played a lot of this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wsih9nUpq2U

it might be okay, I take it it wouldn't be the strongest G3 musically but it would defenatly hit some buttons

but I haven't seen him play like that in a long time, it seems to be more of this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4SFoBVAecQ8
-Mike
Last edited by HopePoisoned at Mar 16, 2007,
A better one would be Marty Friedman, Alex Skolnick, and hell, why not Mustaine. All three of them own Dimebag, Zakk, and King.
Quote by i have to pee
I love how people hate on guitarists so much. According to this site anyone who has ever picked up a guitar is over-rated and sucks and you'd walk out on...

I'll admit Kerry and Zakk aren't the best, but who the **** are you to say they suck? Kinda like a bum telling someone who works at Mc Donalds to get a real job if you ask me.

Like what you haven't said hasn't been said a million times also. I think it makes sense because they are being directly being compared to the regular virtuosos that a G3 would have.
Quote by duncang
Petrucci probably wouldn't have been on G3 if he hadn't made Suspended Animation.

I think it's the other way around actually.
Quote by garden of grey
Like what you haven't said hasn't been said a million times also. I think it makes sense because they are being directly being compared to the regular virtuosos that a G3 would have.

It makes no sense because if you saw where Kerry King said anything about this, you would have known he said "like a metal G3" not a G3 with them. It would be nothing like G3 or these "regular virtuosos". Speed doesn't equal skill and just because they play a certain way in their respective bands does not mean they would play the same with each other. Besides G3 is just 3 guys showing off, and leaves me unimpressed.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
It's just a tour, and sometimes a compilation. It's not like you can say "G3 sucks!" because that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I like Steve Vai okay, I think Satch is okay he sorta bores me, I really like Eric Johnson and John Petrucci, and Paul Gilberts pretty good, Malmsteens pretty good - it's whoever is playing and that's why G3 has done some nice shows, because they have genuinely good players playing nice songs nicely
-Mike
Quote by i have to pee
It makes no sense because if you saw where Kerry King said anything about this, you would have known he said "like a metal G3" not a G3 with them. It would be nothing like G3 or these "regular virtuosos". Speed doesn't equal skill and just because they play a certain way in their respective bands does not mean they would play the same with each other. Besides G3 is just 3 guys showing off, and leaves me unimpressed.

Oh dear, I must just want to back off. This has been argued to death and it really sounds like you don't have a good idea of the music these guys actually play.
Quote by JC13
Pantera, Slayer, and BLS in one show..I'd go.

Edit: Agree with garden, people get this mixed up, speed IS skill, but skill IS NOT speed

Def.

But just the guitarists from those bands?

Mehhhh...
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by mingles
they were talking about doing an album together, not a solo tour...

EVERYONE READ THIS!!!!!!
stop your bitching
My sig is better than yours
Quote by HopePoisoned
Oh stop I would love to Zakk Wylde or Kerry King play a show as a solo guitarist and have it NOT suck - seriously, let's be honest here. I've seen enough of both of them just friggin youtube Zakk Wylde, he's not going to do what the g3 guys do, he's going to do this

Yeah you might think that's good - that makes him a rockstar, plays in a band, wanks - not a solo musician who gets out there and plays without any sort of singing for an hour

I agree and disagree. Yes the solos and stuff he plays in BLS wouldn't be G3 material, but that doesn't mean he couldn't do it. Him playing with Les Paul vid is this jazz shred clean. He also does some good solo stuff. BLS is a different outlet for music for him. You couldn't play Suicide Messiah and put in a clean virtuoso solo.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PZ9pY8nbjxQ check this opening solo out. That is good shit

I think Zakk would be good for G3. Same with Dime if he was alive. He could do some good stuff. But Kerry....meh. I like slayer and he can shred okay, but its not G3 material really. With Zakk and Dime i get the vibe from them and some of their slow songs (every bls acoustic song, cemetery gates) that they could scale it back and do a sweet virtuos song if they wanted. King's style is too atonal. I don't think he actually knows any scales.
Terrible idea.
The whole idea of virtuoso guitar is to have some kind of catchy melody behind the technicality, Kerry King would never make it.

And I think Wylde and Dimebag are way over rated.

Danny Coralles or DIE!
1. Yea, that would suck as a tour. Maybe an album of covers with those guys.
2. Petrucci did SA because people asked him on the first G3 he did "Where can I get your stuff?"
3. Am I the only one who read the bit about Kerry King making the nail studded wristbands?
....LOL
"Damn this stitching is so fiddly, I should have put the inner lining in first"
Quote by i have to pee

lol I like it.

Guys, Try to cool down with the flaming.
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
an album with Zakk and Dime could have been interesting, Kerry.... no. but as mingles said it was planned to be an album, not a goddamn G3 thing.
closed because you morons dont know how to read
My sig is better than yours