Page 1 of 2
I know I'm abusing my power a bit here, but whatever

There is a local band around here called Seraph Impaled. They play emo tinged metalcore in the vein of Enter Shikari or something. However, they are one of those bands like Trivium who are obsessed with being "metal" even though their ties to the genre are very weak.

Despite the fact that they havn't really been around for long, they've already been bagging the support slots on BIG gigs in Liverpool (Necrophagist/Deathfest etc) and they've been taking these slots away from hard working death metal bands like Dilacerate, Nailed, Crepitation and Diamanthian, bands who not only work hard to play music, but commit themselves to the scene, going to metal gigs, supporting the bands that come around these parts. No member of Seraph Impaled have been seen at any metal gig or a deathfest/whiplash event, EVER. Even when they supported Necrophagist, nabbing a slot higher up the bill than stalwart bands Dilacerate and Ogun, they left the venue after their set and didn't watch Necrophagist, ditto with the fans who came to watch their precious fringed idols. Is this the kind of band who is passionate about metal music? HELL NO!!

So you might thing what the hell am I on about, well the legendary Napalm Death are embarking on their first small venue UK tour in YEARS, and yes a Liverpool date is on the bill. As expected, professional local death metal and grindcore bands hassled the promoter none stop trying to grab a support slot from the moment the gig was announced, but lo and behold, who had bagged the slot almost instantly? None other than the mediocre young metalcore band, who don't contribute to the metal scene, who probably don't know who Napalm Death are and will probably go home before they play, none other than Seraph Impaled.

This has gone down VERY badly in our fair city and recently a mate of mine who's brilliant death metal band was brushed aside in favour of the fringed brigade has made a petition to get these arrogant poser fags off the bill or else no one will go to the gig, and we'll all trundle up the M62 for an hour to Manchester to watch Napalm Death with a PROPER metal bill with bands who understand how much of an honour it is to support Napalm and know that they've worked hard to deserve this slot.

So, please sign this petition, I don't care that you're not from Liverpool and will probably never come here, but we have a proud little scene here that doesn't look nicely on people who abuse it like Seraph Impaled have. Use this to have a dig at all scenekid posers everywhere, that Trivium fan at school who annoys you, or that guy who lives next door and calls Atreyu black metal. The only thing I ask is that you PRETEND you are from Liverpool (shut up Dyers haha) so that the promoters take this threat seriously. (Use phrases like "pyar shite" or "fookin gay lar" LOL) sign it as many times as you want, just try and make it look realistic haha.

http://www.petitiononline.com/spnd1406/petition.html

AND: just for shits and giggles

http://www.myspace.com/seraphimpaled

ps sign or I'll ban you

LOL
Enter Shikari is screamotastic, these guys are just generic Metalcore.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Hell yeah I signed this bitch. Theres a band around here thats just like that, but not as famous, and I wish I could do the same, so this is my way of coping . Death to Seraph Impaled! pfft.

EDIT: Actually these songs are pretty catchy

EDIT2: Actually, no they arent
Signed.

Metalcore sucks. Real emo, however, is amazing.
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
I signed it as First name: Tea Last Name: Crumpets.

You think that's too obvious?

Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
I was so close to signing it, but then you said the word "fags".
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
I hope one of our 5 mods bands this idiot.(above me)
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
I'm tempted to sign this under the the name Boris Johnson

"This is preposterous, it's the BBC's fault I tell you!"

EDIT: What I actually put: "It's a Sham of a Mockery and a Mockery of a Sham. I tells ya.".

And the amount of idiots who signed it to defend their precious band
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Last edited by Dyer's Eve at Mar 16, 2007,
I'm 85, .
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

89th
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Fuck hardwork, those bands are chumps instead of making things that sell they try to stay true to themselves. Well there are consequences to staying tru to your self, besides this signing seems real unkvlt.

Also Napalm Death did gigs with a Hardcore band all around the Balkans, they even made a split with the same band because they liked them so much.
Last edited by las7 at Mar 16, 2007,
Also, I like how about 20 people signed this saying they like Seraph Impaled.....don't they realize signing it is still going against them?! hahahahhaha
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
91 !!!!
Gear

PRSCustom 24

Jackson DXMG w/ sh-13 dimebucker & sh12 jazz

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo head and matching 4x12 cab

Hendrix dunlop Wah

TS-7 tube screamer
*signed*
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
Although they look pretty twattish, this band dont sound that bad, although theyre definitely generic and the vocals arent that great either. Better than Enter Shikari

*hides under flame sheild waiting for UNTR00 comments*

Ill sign it anyhow, seeing that im nice like that and because they sound like wankers from your description
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
lol. Keeping this thread open is pretty pointless >_>. You got all you need in the first post, its gonna turn into the java chat thread again, with all the "im on" free posts
This just reminded me about how I can't go to the Bristol date

However, signed.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
100. :p
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
i live in liverpool, so i've signed this even though i probably won't go
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
before it closes 104 sig

i hate bands like this tbh. death to anyone who sucks...
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
I signed... surprised I'm only the 105th person.

Quote by i have to pee
death to anyone who sucks...

According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
This isn't abuse of power. It is application of it!

*signed*

*signed*

*signed*

EDIT:
"69. Duston ----- SATAN!!!"

Quote by insideac
lol. Keeping this thread open is pretty pointless >_>. You got all you need in the first post, its gonna turn into the java chat thread again, with all the "im on" free posts

Be quiet before I slice you!

It is time to share funny comments in here and give opinions on shit metal.
Last edited by garden of grey at Mar 16, 2007,
Signature 111 bitch. I hate rat**** bands like these that think they're so good and disrespect the entire scene like that...screw them.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Quote by fallenangel20
I signed.

#111.

Impossible, it says I'm 111. Let's metal duel over it lol.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
R.I.P. Frank Zappa R.I.P. Hideto Matsumoto and nowR.I.P. Rick Wright

It doesn't take words to make love
You be the flower, I'll be the bee
That wasn't love, they were just words
You be the heart, I'll be the arrow
Quote by garden of grey
???

I am 111!

Unless you guys are also teh Michael Xavier Van Kaulbach

....Seriously, mine said #111. I guess I will have to re-sign....
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Page 1 of 2