I'm probably gonna get either a compressor/sustainer or a reverb pedal tomorrow (I doubt I'll have enough money for both). Which should I get first?

I'm after a smooth, creamy solo tone (think Slash, Eric Johnson, For The Love Of God).
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Well, you're probably really looking for a distortion pedal, not a compressor, as compressors simply even out your attack, making your soft picking louder and your hard picking softer. Some good distortion pedals for what youre looking for are the Boss DS-1, The ProCo Rat, or the Jekyll and Hyde pedal. Or if your amp has a good distortion channel, buy an Ibanez TS808 to make it scream a litle more. For reverb, get the electro harmonix Holy Grail reverb.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Do you have that creamy sound already, and just want to add compression or reverb to it?
If so, it's your choice.
But you're not instantly getting a perfect creamy sound from them pedals if you didn't have one anyway.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Do you have that creamy sound already, and just want to add compression or reverb to it?
If so, it's your choice.
But you're not instantly getting a perfect creamy sound from them pedals if you didn't have one anyway.

Yes, I get the creamy sound from my amp, and the pedals are just to enhance it and help it along.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Well go for it! I've got that amp too, it's lovely.

Try the pedals out in a shop with your guitar and amp if you can.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30