Well my dad just got me this for St. Patrick's day. The full 2 cabinets. Now I have a Fender Metal head with the 2 cabs also (call me spoiled if you want). I've lately been hearing bad things about the metal head and I'm starting to regret getting it. I decided that the next thing I would buy would be a proper tube amp. Maybe asking for it on my birthday which is in July.

But with this new cabinet I'm not sure about asking for a tube amp now. I'd feel kind of bad about asking to sell the new cabinet that he just got. Maybe I could eventually sell all of the metal head and use that to save for a tube amp? Or maybe just buy a tube head and hook it up to either of the cabs?...I'm not sure.

Also the description says the cab is good for Nu-metal which eh isn't really my style. I'm more of just a regular metal player.

Any advice? Maybe I should think about all this more...
Why didn't you try out some decent valve amps before you bought the metal head? Urgh...

You could just buy a decent valve head and hook it up to one of the cabs. But why do you need a FULL stack?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Why didn't you try out some decent valve amps before you bought the metal head? Urgh...

Well I first got the metalhead about 4 months after playing and originally just got the head and the bottom cab. Then a year later my dad got me the upper one with it. Yes, I do regret not researching on here more though.

Quote by R_H_C_P
You could just buy a decent valve head and hook it up to one of the cabs. But why do you need a FULL stack?

Wait first, what's a valve head exactly? Sorry I'm not too educated with amplifiers. And I don't need a full stack I just already have two and I figure I should maybe get a tube head to hook up to one of them.
Valve is the english word for tube. That's all.

I reckon you should keep the best cab, sell the other and the head, and buy the tube head, what type of metal do you play?
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
Valve is the english word for tube. That's all.

I reckon you should keep the best cab, sell the other and the head, and buy the tube head, what type of metal do you play?

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

And by the best cab which one do you mean, the Marshall? And for my metal usually the hardest I'll get into is Children of Bodom and some shred instrumental type stuff like Satch, well I'm not playing Satch atm but that's mainly the tone I'm looking for. CoB makes up the most of my playing. And for light things mainly Muse and some classic rock.
I meant the cab you like the best. I'm not too familiar on metal valve heads so I'll leave that to someone else, but there's always Mesas, ENGLs, and Peaveys.
Don't be afraid to care"