in 2 days, i have to perform at a gig with a friend, and i can't stop thinking about it.
it's an all-acoustic gig and i dreamed that i was playing 'on the mend' by the Foo Fighters last night. When i woke up, my mom told me that i was sleepwalking that night, and i grabbed my guitar and started playing the song all the way through including the solo and she said i played it almost perfectly (while i was asleep) !!!

i find this very strange and i wonder if it happened to anyone else too.
Last edited by fender&gibson at Mar 16, 2007,
pics or it never happend
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
pity you sleep-played such a crapola song
Fissh demands you cease this faggotry at once!
Thats awesome!
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by MotleyCrueSATD
pics or it never happend

LOL people like you always make me laugh.
thats cool man lol, very weird
ROFL, that's awesome.

One time, I had been working on the Crazy Train solo all day, so I dreamt about playing it at night. I distinctly remember that all the fingerings in my dream corresponded with how the solo goes, and it sounded exactly how it should.

Kinda weird, since I usually have pretty abstract dreams.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Time Bomb
LOL people like you always make me laugh.
thats cool man lol, very weird

true tho. i could say that i was sleepwalking n discovered the secret to ending world hunger...its just words.

Plus, it isnt exactly a good song.

Plus, if i was sleepwalking, n my mum caught me, id be hella embarrassed as i sleep nude.
If true that is awesome...

Doubt it'll ever happen to me, mines always in the it's case whilst I'm asleep.
Quote by MotleyCrueSATD
pics or it never happend

It honestly gets me every time when I don't expect it.
yeah and i played black star in my sleep

pfft

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

not sure I believe this. Without video evidence I ain't gonna believe you.
Ibanez RG760 (For Sale)
Yamaha Pacifica (For Sale)
Zoom G2.1U effects pedal (For Sale)
Tanglewood Acoustic
Kustom 16DFX Amp
I've heard of people cooking and all sorts while asleep. Strange.

I remember reading about a photographer who went around with the Rolling Stones, he said they were recording an album (I think in some mansion, so it might have been for Exile...) and Keith played in his sleep, not with the actual guitar or anything, but lying on his back his arms were going.
« »
allchavsrgay....learn the english language before you post again.

That'd be pretty cool, Did you know the song beforehand or was it a weird coincidence that you learned it IN your sleep. That'd be so rad.
Quote by Burpin'Worm

I remember reading about a photographer who went around with the Rolling Stones, he said they were recording an album (I think in some mansion, so it might have been for Exile...) and Keith played in his sleep, not with the actual guitar or anything, but lying on his back his arms were going.

...were his arms under the covers? Is he sure he was playin guitar..n not just wanking?
i have dreams where i'm playing these beautiful songs and they sound so amazing yet when i wake up i cant remember how it sounded or what the hell i was playing...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I've had dreams of shredding on things non-guitar related. Such as my fishtank.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Quote by SlinkyMcdougall
allchavsrgay....learn the english language before you post again.

That'd be pretty cool, Did you know the song beforehand or was it a weird coincidence that you learned it IN your sleep. That'd be so rad.

i already knew how to play the song, wich is pretty obvious (especially when the gig is in 2 days)
Quote by PaulyVengeance
...were his arms under the covers? Is he sure he was playin guitar..n not just wanking?

Nah I think was hot and he didn't have covers, he was just lying down sleeping. I'm pretty sure there was a photo of it.
« »
Quote by magnus_maximus
Dude, I know. I've dreamt up hundreds of awesome riffs that have never reached the fretboard

Can anybody else relate to this? i know i can. so many riffs, licks, and general awesome things have come to me in dreams, n then i cant remember them for shit the morning after
it's not always in a dream. i'll think of something, forget to write it down, come back 30 minutes later and be like..."ugh....dammit.."
Member #11 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!

brainwashing
OF COURSE!
Why didn't i think of it before?

*crawls into bed*
*thinks about John Petrucci's psycho exercises*
Quote by magnus_maximus
Yeah, the sweep picking he was doing was extreme! At least, it LOOKS like sweep picking...

i mean.. ive heard of needless guitar wankery..but that was uncalled for! hahaha
I fell asleep while playing a song, and woke up 20 minutes later still playing the chord progression...that was very strange...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I've fallen asleep while playing an Em solo...My friend Mason says I didn't wake up for about 10 minutes...Still playing.
Quote by magnus_maximus
Dude, this thread went from talking about playing guitar in your sleep to Keith Moon wanking in his sleep!

That MUST be some sort of achievement.

Keith Richards, foo'!
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
My friends say that i talk about guitars in my sleep, and i've woken up playing my guitar as well. It's not surprising really since all I do all day is play guitar, so why should sleep stop me
Member #21 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join
SRV+Rory Gallagher>All

Quote by willpulman_172
powerslave756 speaks the truth.

Quote by snailfingers
anybody watch metalocalypse? skwisgar plays in his sleep too!

And he plays in the hot tub too.