Ok im getting a new schecter with a floyd rose soon, like a week tops, its ordered, anyways, question, does the D tuna work?
Why would they sell it if it didn't?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
obviously it works, does exactly what its meant to do, but i find it much more practical to just use the fine tuner, that works too, and you'll still be able to pull up on the floyd, whereas with a d tuna you cant
Jackson RR Professional, early 90's japanese model, with EMG's

Digitech GNX3000

Crate GX 212
it works ok, but it has its problems, and iv tried to set up like 3 of them and it does something to screw up the intonation on the low E string. Plus, yeah you cant pull up with them.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
RHCP easy on the sarcasm, clearly if u cant pull up on the trem it doesnt do something i need it to obviously..but if i use the fine tuners, will i need to adjust the screws at the back?
Quote by d_byrne23
RHCP easy on the sarcasm, clearly if u cant pull up on the trem it doesnt do something i need it to obviously..but if i use the fine tuners, will i need to adjust the screws at the back?

Very rarely are the fine tuners able to tune that far in pitch and hold it acceptably. I know I can't go from standard to perfect D on ANY of my guitars with a floyd.

Pulling up the trem is for sissies anyway, divebombs are where its at.
^I can quite easily with my S470.
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only
I can't do it with any of my floyds and I have... 5.

Maybe its because I don't tune it with my E string all the in or something, but I know its not possible to be able to tune it down with the fine tuner and still have a usable fine tuner..

Which basically defeats the purpose of using the fine tuner... doesn't it?
Quote by White_Devil

Yah I can to on my S2170, but thats half because they don't put a cap/bearing/whatever on the bottom of the screw, so you can keep turning the fine tuner 'till it pops out...

+

the Dtuna only works if your trem is not reccessed, or you block it off.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by headfest88
obviously it works, does exactly what its meant to do, but i find it much more practical to just use the fine tuner, that works too, and you'll still be able to pull up on the floyd, whereas with a d tuna you cant

Actually, no. You need to stabilize your bridge, if you downtune the fine tuner, then you'll have to retune all the strings. Unless that's what you meant. You can't just tune down the E to a D and call it done, unless you stabilize the bridge (and block it off so the tension doesn't change when you loosen a string).
Quote by SolidxSnake
Actually, no. You need to stabilize your bridge, if you downtune the fine tuner, then you'll have to retune all the strings. Unless that's what you meant. You can't just tune down the E to a D and call it done, unless you stabilize the bridge (and block it off so the tension doesn't change when you loosen a string).

I've seen guitars that have had a "perfect" tension, where the other strings stayed untouched by the dropped E... even though the bridge is floating.. I don't know how but it did..

but, with my ibanez, its got the zero point system in the back, so it stabilizes the strings in a similar manner...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join

The zr trem can cope with those kind of fluctuations in tension, a floyd-type can't...anyone who says otherwise simply can't tell if their guitar's out of tune.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
it doesn't work on a floating trem unless you block off the cavity and make it "dive only".

it also has to be a licensced or original floyd rose.
Top lel.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
Pulling up the trem is for sissies anyway, divebombs are where its at.

you lose 47 respect points for that statement.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
I can't do it with any of my floyds and I have... 5.

Maybe its because I don't tune it with my E string all the in or something, but I know its not possible to be able to tune it down with the fine tuner and still have a usable fine tuner..

Which basically defeats the purpose of using the fine tuner... doesn't it?

yeah, basically. I set all my fine tuners around the middle, no way you're going from e to d with that...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you lose 47 respect points for that statement.

only 47?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^ yes.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh
ok

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by SolidxSnake

Wrong. I have an old guitar I bought with a floyd rose and thats how I tune to drop D; fine tuner.
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
k well i guess ill try the fine tuner way..if it doesnt work no big deal i guess..thanks everyone
Quote by guitarkid7
Wrong. I have an old guitar I bought with a floyd rose and thats how I tune to drop D; fine tuner.

Then you clearly can't tell when you're in tune or not, because with a Floyd (Original or Licensed), once you change the tension of one string, the rest will change with it. Apparently from some posts in this thread the Ibanez trems can cope with the tension changes, but I don't have any experience with those, so take it FWIW.