Ok heres the deal

i sing and play guitar, and write songs, my best friend does the exact same thing, but hes a better singer, im still better at guitar and writing then him, but he wants to be a our lead singer, should i let him, although i am more of a frontman/bandleader than he is?
Don't try engaging me
The vaguest of shrugs
The prescription drugs
You'll never find
A person inside

Quote by saphrax
I agree with This End Up
You be Jimmy Page, and he can be Robert Plant with guitar playing abilities.

Who became a Rock God, after all?
let the better singer sing the songs.

you can always sing backup and on the chorus or something.
^ exactly don't sacrifice your bands sound because you want to where teh pants. Or how about you all work as a team?>
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
if you become famous and he gets all the credit it will eat you up so NO, dont let him take your glory..
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
If your writing good music then why does it matter? It doesnt matter whose fronting you, as long as your good you should get noticed.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
i think you should do a layne staley/jerry cantrell thing. that would be sick. ya feeel meeee?
Don't be an attention whore. It will just bring the band down, if your band is better as a whole then you will get more attention anyways. Besides, frontmen aren't always the vocalists.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
If he's the better singer, let him sing . Doesnt mean you have to let him hog all the glory
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Pete Townsend wrote most of the music for The Who even though Roger Daltry sang most of it. You can write and play.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
You sound like a HUGE glory hog so I suggest you dont make a band at all because it will most likely end up in ruin with an attitude like that.
Lead singer doesn't necesarly mean band leader...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Let him sing, but alternate, I love doing that, one of you does the chorus, one verse or however.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by This End Up
Ok heres the deal

i sing and play guitar, and write songs, my best friend does the exact same thing, but hes a better singer, im still better at guitar and writing then him, but he wants to be a our lead singer, should i let him, although i am more of a frontman/bandleader than he is?

Let the better sing do his job. You can still go crazy on stage and still lead the band.
Quote by Silent_Jester13
This is the biggest collection of ADD i've ever seen.
You can have more than one frontman...the Stranglers had Hugh Cornwell and JJ Burnel and that worked fine.

They both did lead vocals (as did Dave Greenfield for a few songs) although Hugh being the better vocalist did more.

Don't be afraid to vary it around a bit.
You can still sing some verses. It gives a contrast to the song and I think it sounds pretty cool. Or you could do backup whenever appropriate.

But if he's a better singer, then I would give him the lead voice part.
Split it up. Pull a Lennon/McCartney or a Daltrey/Townshend or a Doherty/Barat.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I believe a knife fight to the death is in order.

Two singers are usually better than one IMO, but only if you both compliment each other in tonal values and melody. E.G. if one of you sings like Kurt Cobain and the other sings like Adam from Taking Back Sunday, then you would probably suck as a duo.