does anyone know a cheaper alternative to buying a tremol-no? i want to disable the floyd on my strat but i dont want to pay 60 bucks for a tremol-no.
get a block of wood to wedge in between the trem block and the side of the body cavity
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
get a block of wood to wedge in between the trem block and the side of the body cavity

You'd want to get a luthier to make one specially for your guitar, unless you are a skilled woodworker, don't just jam some sticks in there.

Some people also suggest using a bunch of springs, but the wood works better.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by hamish5178
You'd want to get a luthier to make one specially for your guitar, unless you are a skilled woodworker, don't just jam some sticks in there.

Some people also suggest using a bunch of springs, but the wood works better.

unless you only have two fingers im sure a person of average intellegance can use wood, a sander, and a ruler/calipers to make a sucessful block. in no way should you just "jam some sticks in there", but the amount of difficulty it takes to block a trem really doesnt require a luthier.also if you're gonna end up (over)paying a luthier you might as well buy a tremol-no instead.
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
go back in time, and buy a guitar without a floyd instead...

I second this motion.
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~