to me having a tube amp and not using the amps distortion? its been ragging on my mind.

well, is it?
UGH... does it matter? Its up to you man, honestly we cant make up your mind for you man!!
i mean, would it even make a difference if i used a solid state with a decent clean setting?
I don't really see a point, as the distortion is the reason you would buy a tube amp. For the cleanest cleans it stands to reason that SS would win.

EDIT: if you plan on using pedals and getting great distortion a tube amp is still better.
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
yes, it will sound solid state with a solid state pedal, and in my opinion, its pointless to have a tube amp with using a solid state distortion

BUT

you have a fender, known for its cleans, not its distortion, so i think its ok to use a pedal with that amp.
Apparantly Kirk Hammet never used to use the OD channel on his old Marshalls...

I, myself, think that it's completely up to you. BUT.. I like to make use of the amps distortion.. Mine's not tube... But mine seems to sound better louder you get it..

If the dist isn't enough for you then just get a TS and put it in front it it...
I prefer cleans on a tube amp, they sound warmer, but I guess if you need something absolutely perfectly clean with no chance of it overdriving, solid state is the way to go.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Even without overdriving the tubes you still get a different timbre of sound from a tube power amp., that won't disappear just because you use a solid state stomp box.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by hamish5178
I prefer cleans on a tube amp, they sound warmer, but I guess if you need something absolutely perfectly clean with no chance of it overdriving, solid state is the way to go.

up until it clips
Yeah, but SS amps don't do that for a while. Still, I'd prefer tube over solid-state no matter what the gain level.
i use a distortion pedal with my tube amp and it sounds great. Better than it does on my SS amp. So i would say yes there is a point.

and also things like Tube Screamers are solid state distortion (essentially) pedals, lots of people use those with tube amps.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm