Lately, basically since about two nights ago, when I play my guitar, I get a strange sensation in my middle finger, fret hand. It occurs around the joint between my finger and my hand, and it feels like it would if, say, my arm "fell asleep," except it's actually painful, rather than just annoying. It only happens when I play guitar, and it lasts for about a second at most each time.

It hasn't happened a whole lot, but I'm just concerned that it may develop into a more serious matter.
I say see a doctor, better safe then sorry.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
I haven't the slightest idea what it could be

does anyone's fret hand get really warm after you have been playing for about 1-2 hours and have been playing really fast?
I've tried playing really, really relaxed, like just barely pressing down on the strings, to try to make it stop, but it still happened, same thing, same spot.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I don't know then. The same thing happened to me a while back, but I did what I just told you, and it went away.

Did you ever break that finger or a bone in that hand?
first sign of mixed syphillis/herpes infection...get yourself to the crotch doctor dude

...however, like ^^ that guy ^^ said, arthritis is another reasonable diagnosis .... heh....
The only bone I've ever broken was in my left arm when I was about 5, so I don't think there is a relation there, although I'm in no way a doctor.

I've noticed it really only happens when I'm playing a certain part in a riff, where it goes:

C|----15-14-----------------------------|
G|-17--------15-14-12----13-------------|
C|--------------------15----15-13-12-10-|

So when my fingers move like that, it happens.
CGC? idk sometimes when its a cold dry day or its about to rain i get those pains but thats from like arthritus... not sure what it could be though
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
maybe a cramp?

Make sure you're not sleeping on it funny and drink a shit load of water.

If it persists, see a doctor.
something like this happened to me also....my uncle is a doctor so i asked him and he said to stop playing for a day or so but...i suggest to play chords and that kind of stuff until it stops good luck
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
I've had similar problems and spending more time warming up (especially stretching out the fingers) helped quite alot
Ya, warm up more and maybe even stretch before you play.

Alternatively, you might not be smoking enough weed
Quote by Rapid_Fire
Ya, warm up more and maybe even stretch before you play.

Alternatively, you might not be smoking enough weed

Well, if "none" isn't enough, then yeah, I don't smoke enough.
get over it?
Most people die with their music still locked up inside them.

Quote by La Qotsa
In Soviet Russia, UG closes YOU.
Is arthritis very common among people my age? I didn't think it was... I really hope it's not arthritis...
Quote by C.C. Deville
CGC? idk sometimes when its a cold dry day or its about to rain i get those pains but thats from like arthritus... not sure what it could be though

I'm 99% shure that where you get those pains, you have broken something in the past.
my dad broke his finger once, and almost everytime the weather is about to change, he feels it in that finger.
Quote by deadbolt39
Is arthritis very common among people my age? I didn't think it was... I really hope it's not arthritis...
i think not, but i'd recommomend going to a docter
It sounds like you've hyperextended that part of your finger...just stretched it a little too far and now you've irritated it. Had the same thing happen to me in my index. I went to the doctor, and he said lay off for a week or so. I went nuts for not playing, but once I went back I never had trouble again. If you don't let it heal itself it'll never get better and it will always bother you.