i have wanted to get a new electric guitar for a while now, then , the other day i said to myself, i should get a full acoustic too, cuz ive got a semi-acoustic fender now. ive always loved the look of martin guitars, particularly the 00-15, which i believe john frusciante uses, and when i see him play it, it looks like such an easy guitar to play, very comfortable, and has a wonderful appearance.(i know the guitar doesnt make him/me play better btw)

anyways, i just wanna know, are the 00-15`s still being made today , or if i wanna get one , will it have to be an e-bay thing? i`ve seen martins in a local music store, and, i believe tey may have 1, but , i wont be able to get it for a few months, so, i just wanna make sure.
member number 14 of the UG John frusciante fan club

Founder of the 'the John Frusciante ****ing sucks!Club!" sucks, club!
well, rather than playing the guitar someone you like plays, why dont you get recommendations on the kind of music you enjoy to play most?

in other words, what do you plan on playing.

that guitar is amazing for figerstyle, but definitly not to great for strumming. the mahogany top wood is very mid-rangy and sounds good finger picked, but probably not a good choice if you want to strum alot.

i think this guitar is more aimed at people that know what they like to play. if you're not entirely sure what your unique style is, you may want to get a more versatile guitar until you do figure out what you want to play. i'd recommend looking at a spruce or cedar top (probably spruce), and probably a dreadnought body style. play around though, you may like the sound of this guitar for strumming.
Last edited by Nick B at Mar 17, 2007,
^-- i strongly agree with nick.

but to answer your question... yes Martin still makes the 00-15
i plan to play a mix of finger picking and strumming and arpeggios with pics u know?i will check other guitars yeh, i planned to try whatever nartins i can before buyin, cuz i really want a martin. though, if i feel its not right ill get sumtin else, i just wanted to make sure they were still in production. what about the 000-15/14`s? any 1 know if these are around/good? i dont like their size tho , its lke what i have, it seems too big and uncomfortable

John Frusciante uses 0-15 ;>

P.S. Are 0-15 in production ?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/shakespeareJF/d.jpg[/img]
'Music is the face of God' - John Frusciante
^ yes, it sez in the post by jimtaka

martin makes both 000 and 00 body guitars. i'm not aware of a traditional concert 0 body guitar by martin.... that doesn't mean they don't make them, it just means i can't recall every seeing one.
Quote by Eddy Hitler
i plan to play a mix of finger picking and strumming and arpeggios with pics u know?i will check other guitars yeh, i planned to try whatever nartins i can before buyin, cuz i really want a martin. though, if i feel its not right ill get sumtin else, i just wanted to make sure they were still in production. what about the 000-15/14`s? any 1 know if these are around/good? i dont like their size tho , its lke what i have, it seems too big and uncomfortable

i'd look at a concert or folk style body with a spruce top. the body will make it good for fingerstyle, and the spruce is really versatile. this'll probably give you the most options right now.