My band is looking to release our first CD, we have a program called ACID music studio. If that doesnt record, what are some-under 70 dollar programs i can try?

Thanks in advance!
Self-proclaimed Flea finatic of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
in order to record through the computer you're practically required to get a preamp or certain type of sound card that accepts connections to microphones, drum machines, etc

i use something called atoneport UX2 which is a direct interface for microphones/lines

though it costs 200$ there is a 100$ cheaper version of it, and ive managed to get alot of good recordings out of it

but dont take my word for it, wait for other replies

ACID is a good program, its just you need hardware to make the recording possible
Alright.

Thanks a ton.
Self-proclaimed Flea finatic of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
well you gotta have a mac (of course) but if you do, GarageBand is about the greatest recording program i've used. it's so professional soudnign and easy to use plus i learn stuff like every day. but... if you don't have a mac then you can't use it, which is lame...

anyway i bet thers tons more for pc's so just waut for ppl to reply dude
Set up is; Mic ---> Preamp output (1/4" mono) ----> (1/8" mono)Computer, and sound will only come through left speaker or headphone, no stereo sound, even when recording or during playback, someone suggest solution?

Thanks
HellsBells1980
You are looking to RELEASE a CD, as in sell to the public? And you want to record it yourself going into the computer, into software that is under 70.00?? Sounds a little far fetched to me.
You are not going to be able to sell anything with $70 just for software. Well unless you have REALLY generous friends. Also, read the FAQ that is stickied near the top of the page.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by Heartika
ok thread starter ur an idiot cause u can record with acid pro. unless u have like version 2.1, i had version 5 and thats from like 2000 and u can still record with it.

Dude he never said that it was impossible to record with ACID, he said if he couldn't record with it what could he use
Quote by scheck006
If UG had rep I'd give it to you.

Quote by zetaspartan2552
sounds like your mom suffers from mental retardation.

Gear:

Fender Precision Bass
Epiphone LP Special
Peavey Special 212 Guitar Amp
Cube-100 Bass Amp
Line 6 Floor Pod
Bongos
aight thread starter i apoligize for my idioticness. but yea u can record with acid and if u dont wanna do that use reaper its great. acid is better i think, ps what version do u have?
bass - That thing that goes bum bum bum.