Random question...

someone was telling me that more people died in WWI than WWII,

and I know nothing bout my history... so anyone know if thats true?
No it isn't true. World War II is the single most violent horrific conflict there has ever been in all of mankind.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Not true at all.

Learn your history straight, it'll worth it.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
The number of World War I casualties (military and civilian) was about 40 million - over 19 million deaths and 21 million wounded

The total estimated human loss of life caused by World War II, irrespective of political alignment, was roughly 62 million people. The civilian toll was around 37 million, the military toll about 25 million.

There you go.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by BassistGal
Not true at all.

Learn your history straight, it'll worth it.

and once youve got your history down, learn your english.

It'll BE worth it

JK
I remember reading it in some textbook too... but didnt believe it

WWI: 40 million total

WWII: 62 million total

edit: Damn you aixelsydevahi!
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
who ever says there were more deaths in WWII needs to get their facts straightened out. WWII is a lot more overrated in my opinion just cause of the holocaust (not that thats a good thing..) but there were A LOT more deaths in WWI and not to mention that the flu epidemic in the 1910's killed twice as many people than WWII.

WWII = overrated

/thread
Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
Quote by Rapid_Fire
and once youve got your history down, learn your english.

It'll BE worth it

JK

Know what? I bet i can talk hebrew better then you.

Dont be an ass about grammer unless my posts are unreadble.

Ben Hamelech
There were more military deaths (Of canadians anyway) in WWI than WWII i believe (correct me if im wrong, but im almost positive), but total casualties overall in WWII
Quote by D0c7oR 8oB
who ever says there were more deaths in WWII needs to get their facts straightened out. WWII is a lot more overrated in my opinion just cause of the holocaust (not that thats a good thing..) but there were A LOT more deaths in WWI and not to mention that the flu epidemic in the 1910's killed twice as many people than WWII.

WWII = overrated

/thread

No. There were more deaths in World War II. You can't argue with that. It's a fact. It's history and you can't change it. Being "overrated" doesn't answer the question and what the hell does the flu epidemic have to do with the question?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

either youre wrong or my history teachers wrong.. but he said that the casualties were greater in WWI..

Quote by Biatch
Random question...

someone was telling me that more people died in WWI than WWII,

and I know nothing bout my history... so anyone know if thats true?

Not sure if that's true, but nothing was really gained from WWI, at least WWII was a just war. However, neither of them really achived anything that couldn'tve been achived by a well placed sniper bullet.
Quote by future rock god
Not sure if that's true, but nothing was really gained from WWI, at least WWII was a just war. However, neither of them really achived anything that couldn'tve been achived by a well placed sniper bullet.

Actually WWI have achieved more then you think.

After all of the alliances in europe, and the growing tension between several nations, something had to happen.

WWI happened.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by future rock god
WWI, at least WWII was a just war.

Anyways

WWI = 9.7 million military deaths

WWII= 25 million military deaths
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by future rock god

haha, well put... but couldnt that go for ALL wars?? *glances at bush*

Quote by future rock god

correct me if i'm wrong but didn't world war I start because of a well placed sniper bullet.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
correct me if i'm wrong but didn't world war I start because of a well placed sniper bullet.

Yup. Archbishops whatshisname. I can't remember much from my history class but I think it was a conflict involving Austria.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by skater dan0

Pistol. And it was started by a Serb who shot the Archduke Franz Ferdinand. All of the alliances that had been formed got everyone involved eventually.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Last edited by aixelsydevahi at Mar 16, 2007,
^ True that.

Ben Hamelech
Sorry back to question.. everyone agrees that WWII had more casualties?

2 ppl so far disagreed saying WWI did...
^It's not a matter of agreement... it's fact. WWII had more casualties.
i dunno it might of, im just kinda surprised if my history teacher wouldve taught me the wrong thing...

Quote by D0c7oR 8oB
i dunno it might of, im just kinda surprised if my history teacher wouldve taught me the wrong thing...

Well apparently they did.

And it's 'might have', not 'might of'.
yea my friends history teacher told him that as well! (u dont happen 2 stay in scotland do u?)
no, i live in chicago. but yeah, twas weird i SWORE he said there were a lot more casualties in WWI than II but oh well...

Quote by Biatch
someone was telling me that more people died in WWI than WWII

This someone doesn't know what they're talking about.