Hey guys, I'm having trouble deciding what to do about my pedal situation. I wanna buy a new effect pedal (my first one) and don't know what to get. Should I get a multi-effect pedal or a stomp box or what? I play hard rock/metal/classic rock so..Yeah. What should I do?
there's many factors to take into consideration your correct gear, your level of playing, are you in a band, your current equipment, the amount of money you have, whether you want effect to experiment with or you know what you looking for and want from your effects, etc
i would get a zoom G1X. it has virtually every kind of distortion on it, not to mention an okay wah pedal built in. i got mine for... i think $70. but dont underestemate it. it comes with reverb, delay, and even amp modulation... this thing rocks.
people don't realize most pedals aren't necssary, some of the good amps have most effect built right in, a line 6 spyder 3. has pretty much everthing but a wah, and you can get one by line 6 thats made just 4 the spyders itgs gut a built in tuner (so does the amp) theres a chain selector so you dont have to got the the amp to change your preset and a wah/ volume pedal
^i can't believe you said "good amp" and "line 6 spider" in the same sentence without a "not" in it...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
1. What Gear do You Use
2. What sort of sounds do you want
3. How much money do you have to spend.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Price range: 0 to 200 I'd go over a little though. Yes I am in a band. My amp right now is a Fender Frontman 25R and I hate its distortion..Also my guitar is a Fender Strat.
I'd say a good Over drive pedal is what you need.

Fenders (amps and guitars) have absolutely awesome cleans but they don't have really good disortion. I think you'd probally be interested in getting a good Overdrive pedal (creamy warm disortion) or even a disortion (a bit more powerful and harsher sounding

I don't really know very much on Distortion pedals ,especially because it really depends on what genre you play, but here's a few commonly used Overdrive pedals.

Ibanez Tube Screamer $160 - 90 depending on which model
Boss Blues Driver ~$80
Boss OD (varies per model)
Electro harmonix Tube Screamer ~ $160

Or if you're in a really experimental mood you can go for a Good Waah pedal (absolutely a must have eventually), a pitch shifter, acoustic simulator, I hear a lot of good things about the digitech Hendrix pedal, alot of bang for the buck.

On multi fx pedals. They're OK. Really good for experimenting with a lot of sounds especially if you're looking for a lot on a limited budget but the sounds aren't as high quality great as the individual stomp boxes (each unit is specifically designed for one sound)

I hope this helped you a bit
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
for classic rock whats better Boss BD-2(blues driver) or the Boss DS-1 (distortion)

Blues Driver...

I always found the DS-1 thin sounding. Very unlike the warmth of classic rock I've been looking for.

Plus I hear the Blues Driver's pretty good. (although it does cost twice as much {$80}0