so, as of yet, my band has seven people in it, including myself. (drummer, bassist, vocals, trumpet, alto sax, tenor sax.)
and i love playing with the guys.
but i hate our drummer's organizational skills. We've had about seven band meetings since january where one or more people has not known about the practice.
So, i want to know:
For those of you with big bands, 6 or more, how do you get everyone together at once?
any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks a bunch!
yeah, i've got gear too...
squier strat
squier tele
Ibanez rg4ex
Boss DS-1
Morely Bad Horsie Wah
Digitech Hot Head
Boss GE-7
Zoom G1X
Mesa Boogie 5:50 Express
Vox AD50vt
planning, thats I can say, and I play in a concert, a jazz, a marching, and 2 rock bands. So just go to everyone and give them a calendar each and tell them to fill it out with stuff they have to do. Then get them back, and look at all of them to see which times/days are good, and do this every month.( I do this every two months). I hope this helped!

EDIT: 7 people doesnt really make up a big band in my mind, i personally think its over 10. Well have fun!!

EDIT EDIT: you also def. need a trombone in that mix if you want to have a full musical range.
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
Last edited by bob311 at Mar 16, 2007,
Quote by bob311
planning, thats I can say, and I play in a concert, a jazz, a marching, and 2 rock bands. So just go to everyone and give them a calendar each and tell them to fill it out with stuff they have to do. Then get them back, and look at all of them to see which times/days are good, and do this every month.( I do this every two months). I hope this helped!

EDIT: 7 people doesnt really make up a big band in my mind, i personally think its over 10. Well have fun!!

EDIT EDIT: you also def. need a trombone in that mix if you want to have a full musical range.

i'm liking the calendar idea. that sounds like a very efficient method.
and about the trombone, our bassist plays the 'bone, so, if all else fails, we could go bassless for a song!
yeah, i've got gear too...
squier strat
squier tele
Ibanez rg4ex
Boss DS-1
Morely Bad Horsie Wah
Digitech Hot Head
Boss GE-7
Zoom G1X
Mesa Boogie 5:50 Express
Vox AD50vt
well good luck! And thank god you have a trombone, its the most important instrument in a band( I mean big bands) .
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!