Page 1 of 2
How much would it cost, and how did you like it?

Mine was a Larrivee D-05 acoustic. It costs about $1200. Very comfy neck, and a great fingerstyle guitar. The tone might be a little bit too bright and brassy for flatpicking, though.

EDIT: That's right, bitches. Patch actually made a thread about guitars. Go figure.
Death to Ovation haters!
Last edited by PatchworkMan at Mar 16, 2007,
Well.. considering the vast majority the local store have (A Squier P Bass and a Fender J Bass) i dont go there to play too much.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
The last guitar I played in a shop was a black American Strat, cost about £850 and I liked it so much I bought it... along with a nice Fender Hot Rod Deluxe combo to go with it
Gibson 1960s neck Standard Les Paul at guitarcenter.
its $2k or sumtin, really edgy sounding nice pickup,
very nice. neck was a little thick compared to my stratocaster,
but better than those shred guitars.
overall, still my dream guitar.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Last guitar i played in a music store was eom semi-hollow body Ibanez, pricing at $439.99. I can't remeber the model.
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
Quote by Tom Martin
The last guitar I played in a shop was a black American Strat, cost about £850 and I liked it so much I bought it... along with a nice Fender Hot Rod Deluxe combo to go with it

=O same here! except for that Hot Rod... but I think I'm gonna get one soon...
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
RR5 Randy Rhoads, Ivory. Played wonderfully, ran it through a Line 6 amp...Somewhere around $1200 I would guess
it was today, an Ibanez JEM 77V, not sure how much it cost but it was nice
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Quote by WhiteStripesIII
Fender 1965 Mustang... it was nice... getting it tomorrow. £650.

nana I got a real one
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
A 3000 dollar les paul, that played like butt. I played it through a Hand Wired stack and still couldn't get it too sound good.
Live and Let Rock!
I haven't tried out anything at the local music store but there are a few guitars I've had my eye on. Maybe someday I'll see if I could try some out.
American Fender Telecaster. It cost waaay to much and it was one of the finest instruments I have ever played. A little under $1000 american.
'52 Reissue Telecaster. It made me cry to have to leave it there.
Hi, I'm Peter
Fender Deluxe American Telecaster - £1059
Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?

I played a Black Beauty Les Paul. It was OK, but I liked the Fender Highway One Strat I played before better.
Get off my lawn.
the jem 7V and the prestige RG 2570E ($2000)

i bought the RG
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Fender Standard Strat £350 - i was trying out a Boss SD-1, a Turbo Rat, a Line 6 Dr Distortion (Distorto? i cant remember) and a Tubescreamer, which i bought.
at the music store it was a semihollow body seagull. never heard of it before but it played damn well. i think it was $449.99. i bought an ibanez RG170 at the local pawn shop 3 days ago for $299. better than buttsecs
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
probably the Robert Cray strat though the Blues Junior, such a nice combo, it would have cost almost 700.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Last time I was in a guitar shop was three weeks ago, i think. I remember I played some sort of Jackson with EMG's and a 1973 Fender Stratocaster.
666 BRO
um...Last time I was in a music store I played a Hamer Standard explorer copy.That bitch was heavy
An Ibanez SA of some sort. Didn't sound that great on the lower strings but I think it's because the stings were old. I used the tremolo and it stayed in tune pretty well.
Last guitar I acctually played in a guitar store was mine, because I brought it in to test an amp. But the last guitar I played that I was checking out was probably the Jackson RX10D Rhoads, which I might buy, but it wasnt set up and I played unplugged so im not sure.
I think it was a Samick J-bass copy when i was trying out some wah. 'Twas alright, but I'd probably rather a Jazz 24 or Deluxe Active if I'm in the market for Jazzes.

Or an Epiphone SG of some sort, which had an alright neck.
Gibson SG Ressue
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
gibson acoustic-electric dove dreadnought
$2,900
pure bliss
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
gibson explorer red
it cost around 1200 i think, i loved it sooo much but i had no ware near enough money so i bought an epiphone les paul ultra, which i love now
Gibson Firebird (I think xD) A LOT
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Quote by sysdown27
gibson acoustic-electric dove dreadnought
$2,900
pure bliss

That wold be nice...
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
That wold be nice...

it was quite nice seing as how that thing costs more than my life is worth
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
Wine Red Fender Jazz Bass played through an Ampeg stack

very warm sound

bass, about $400

stack, no clue
Well, mine was a Legend Acoustic which cost $500AU, and it actually sounded amazingly good and had perfect action. I hate acoustics because of their action and never really played one, but i picked this up at the shop and it changed my thoughts, and it was a cheap guitar as well. Imagine when i play a top of the line acoustic.
Quote by jamey_270
A 3000 dollar les paul, that played like butt. I played it through a Hand Wired stack and still couldn't get it too sound good.

musnt be playing it right

um yesturday fender tele forget hohow muich ui was testing amps and they just gave me that 1
I played an Ibanez AEG acoustic at my store a few weeks ago. I liked it so much, I bought it ($400 USD).
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
Page 1 of 2