The speaker to my amp makes this really sharp sound when I turn up the volume and I can't really hear the bass. So my question is, Is my amp broken or just my speaker? Its a 50 watt overdrive amp with just the five setting knobs.
Just wondering..what amp is it?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by gilbeaux1983
The speaker to my amp makes this really sharp sound when I turn up the volume and I can't really hear the bass. So my question is, Is my amp broken or just my speaker? Its a 50 watt overdrive amp with just the five setting knobs.

What exact amp is it?
it sounds broxken to me, but what amp is it (make sure ur bass is up, and if you always play with the bass high or all da way up u may have broke the bass)
Its a Ventura Vintage 50 theres no date on it but I did a research about the amp and its not really a vintage just a look a like sort of lol.
is it feedback that you get when you turn it up? you usually get that when theres lots of electrical interferance around, or a distortion pedal of some sort is connected. thats what i found.

just wondering.
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunatly, it kills all of its pupils.
The voice coil in the speaker is possibly out of alignment. The speaker may be blown.