first off, this seemed like the right forum. if I'm wrong, flame me for it, please?

Anyways, for the longest time I had practiced screamo. Like Emery, you know the stuff. I was also a constant taker of mentos, mints that are (appearently) high in menthol, a throat cooler. Which in effect made it so I never realized the damage I did to my throat. Now, I need to regain my voice, from square one, get back up to volume, tones, and such. Any advice for how to get my throat and voice back into decent condition?

Please and thank you,

your fellow musician.
Do
Re
Mi
Fa
So
La
Ti
Do
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Last edited by Metal-X at Mar 16, 2007,
get lessons

Quote by Metal-X
Do
Ra
Mi
Fa
So
La
Ti
Do

you mean Re?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
screamo is going outta style anyway, start a new style where you whisper hoarsely...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Last edited by x_thurston_x at Mar 16, 2007,
Quote by hamish5178
get lessons

you mean Re?

Sure, you can use that one too...
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by x_thurston_x
screamo is going outta style anyway, start a new style where you whispe hoarsely...

that'd be really cool, assuming you could get the whispering to be hearable over instruments...
if it still hurt tea with honey is really good for your thraot.
also there are ways of learning how to scream and death grunt without killing your voice and it's maily to do with breath control. if you get professional lessons that should help. also if like me you smoke now could well be the time to stop
Ok...I'm not looking for screaming tips, cause the scream isn't as important right now (though, they are cool to know, so if you have some, feel free to give them) I am mainly looking to regain normal singing ability. I don't smoke, nor do I use any kind of drugs, including alcohol.

As to the not using it person...are you sure?

P.S. I know I did it wrong but the menthol in mento's made me think I wasn't doing it wrong.
you probably need to go to a doctor and find out how bad the damage is. thing is it will probably heal it's self over the next few months but now that it's been damaged once it will be more suceptible to damage in the future. in the meantime drink warm drinks and take a few sore throat sweets to promote healing in the skin.

the very worst case scenario is that it won't recover but it's unlikly to be that bad. Just be patient for now and if it's still bad in a while get it checked.
Quote by chrismacker
i agree
whisper hoarsely
and scream from the gut

you may be giving him the wrong idea

you want to do about a fourth of what you think you should do (ie, scream your guts out. you'll shred your vocal chords that way). You want to do it gentle, but build up to more powerful-ness
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Quote by CrashedTheShow3
you may be giving him the wrong idea

you want to do about a fourth of what you think you should do (ie, scream your guts out. you'll shred your vocal chords that way). You want to do it gentle, but build up to more powerful-ness

i didnt say scream ur guts out
well think about it
screaming from the gut will create a heavier scream while screaming from the throat will hurt like a bitch and be more trebly
Quote by chrismacker
i didnt say scream ur guts out
well think about it
screaming from the gut will create a heavier scream while screaming from the throat will hurt like a bitch and be more trebly

I think he should use the link I provided

I aint no singin expert
Veteran UGer. Suck it.