All I want to know is wat is the setting for System of a Down (Daron Malakian) on the metal zone pedal /MT-2. PLEASE!!!PLEASE!!!tell me.

ill go crazy if i don't find out

peACE oUT!!
Last edited by Glassprison_31 at Mar 16, 2007,
dude, just mess around with it, you dont want it that bad if you cant just take the time to find out yourself.
ive tried a million times and ive found some stuff really close its just i want to experiment to see wat other ppl think the setting is
well your not going to get the exact setting cuz you have to copy his amp settings to, plus he might have other pedals going on also. get your own sound.
Quote by metalhead296
well your not going to get the exact setting cuz you have to copy his amp settings to, plus he might have other pedals going on also. get your own sound.

i no but im just curious, i have a bunch of my own settings i just want to no how to get the System of a Down "chunkyness" (watever that means)
For the love of...there's a settings thread at the top of the forum.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Rockstar12345
yea u can check the classifieds and buy a better amp

what does that have to do with anything?

find your own sound.

i copied angus' settings, and am slowly starting to create my own.

write your settings down in a notepad, so you can find what tone you like (and suits you) best.
Set level at around 9 oclock low end around 4 oclock, treb around 3 oclock, mid freq around 12 oclock, middle around 9 oclock, distortion around 3 oclock. And make sure you guitar is in C.
All i want is the setting so i can test making my own sound thats why im asking i dont no why u ppl need to make such a big deal!!!! at least one person helped me!!!
that was a freakin triple post.

because you need to make your own sound, not copy someone elses.
It's fun to get other peopls sounds for songs but it's alot more satisfying when you find your own which you can use to make covers your own....just completely copyin a song is boring.
guys, when i play system of a down songs i use a system of a down setting make sense!!!!!! so i want the system of a down setting, i already have my own sound!!!!!
Quote by Glassprison_31
guys, when i play system of a down songs i use a system of a down setting make sense!!!!!! so i want the system of a down setting, i already have my own sound!!!!!

did you even check the SOAD settings at the ultimate settings thread, if not, just request it there!
There are two settings I use for Daron's stuff, the firts one for Self Titled up to Steal this album is
Level 5
Low 8
High 6
Mid 10
Mid Freq 0
Gain 7

For Hypnotize/Mesmerize, same settings, but turn the treble up all the way to give it that twangy sound.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
keep in mind you wont get that low end chunk on a mt-2.
Read my post. Not this.