Page 1 of 2
1. Find every excuse to play/hold a guitar at a party.

2. Make the same G-string joke.

3. Truly believe playing a song in all downstrokes is a new exotic technique they discovered.

4. Show off picks at completely inappropriate times.

5. Listen to music and say they can play this on guitar when nobody asks.

Anymore?
Last edited by NotAJock2Day at Mar 16, 2007,
haha i do like 3 of those...damn it

edit: 4
FREE-FORM METAL
Last edited by gwtkof at Mar 16, 2007,
#? Whip out random air guitar solos.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
6. Try to sound as musicianly as possible by saying things like "What key is it in?" or "It's in either E minor or F flat." Give up.
They tell everyone they know they play guitar to seem cooler. Damn those guitarists.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
umm just guilty of number 5
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

i do 2, 4 and 5 cant do 1 cos all my mates who play guitar are rightys..im a lefty so it looks hella stupid!
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
When they ask "What scale is that?"
And especially when they don't even know what the chromatic scale is
haha I do 1,4,5
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
whats wrong with all that? why do you guys play anyway? me, i practice my ass off everyday just so i can show off, so what? n im proud of that cause i can
1 and 5 are me.

But I hate guitarists who:

1. think they're better than other guitarists because they can shred
2. think power chords are useless
3. know a lot of music theory but have no way to incorporate it into their own music
4. don't experiment with their instruments (i.e. different tunings, weird techniques)/don't try to find ways to make them sound different from other guitar players
5. who think Marshalls are the best amps ever
6. go for huge distortion for the sake of huge distortion
7. who play ugly guitars. Seriously people, who actually thinks Ibanezs and ESPs look good?
8. ignore music that is devoid of guitar
9. are like ZombieModeRocks
1 and 5 im am definitely guilty of.
Its also very annoying when guitarists pretend like they kno theory but when its suggested tehy take a class they say "no thats stupid"

edit: oh and also those that refuse to combine any intrument with guitar other then bass, voice, and drums and classify violin as too "yellowcard" lol
Last edited by Faux at Mar 16, 2007,
#7: wear Fender or Gibson shirts, just to let people know they play.
#8: when n00bs trade guitar picks in front of girls. These are the same kids that used to trade POG's, but went through puberty, and realized guitar is much more appealing to girls.
Quote by garden of grey
F flat doesn't exist.

technically it does. its another term for E. for instance, if you have a chord that has an F in it, and you lower the F one half step [to E] you would call it F flat because a chord has to be made up of some variation of the same notes everytime to be considered the chord.
1, 2, 5, although i don't go to party's very often cause id rather play guitar at home, at parties are often lame, i like the G-String joke, i make jokesa bout fingering techniques too, although i haven't told anyone either of those recently,

i can't do 5 very often cause i don't play songs other people listen too
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
I'm only guilty of Number 5. But with a good excuse, my friend is insane at sports and I only play guitar so everytime we listen to music and a song I know comes on to try and prove that I'm just as cool as him I'm like "dude i can play this" and hes like "i dont give a ****"
Quote by garden of grey
F flat doesn't exist.

it does but its not really considered as anything. occasionally you might need to use it in sheet music for the piano but really its just an e.

and mine is
guys who wear all sorts of guitar stuff and clothing just to look cool
Quote by joshsirjoshules
1 and 5 are me.

7. who play ugly guitars. Seriously people, who actually thinks Ibanezs and ESPs look good?

i dislike guitarists who hate on personal preferences.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
I hate guitarists that try to bring up the fact that they play guitar during the sound waves part of Physical Science. The teacher was giving a lecture about what affects frequency and when he brought up a guitar string as an example, about 5 hot topic girls with greenday shirts yelled out "Oh like an E string, yeah I play guitar, bitch" with such an elitist tone of voice.
Quote by joshsirjoshules
1 and 5 are me.

3. know a lot of music theory but have no way to incorporate it into their own music
4. don't experiment with their instruments (i.e. different tunings, weird techniques)/don't try to find ways to make them sound different from other guitar players

I tuned my acoustic guitar all the way down to like, b natural...And why not go for huge distortion for the sake of huge distortion? i love distortion
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Quote by joshsirjoshules

What do YOU play? n00b!
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
1 and 5 for me, terribly.

Erm...

Guitarists who say "You can't play that" when they don't know what the hell you can play.
Guitarists who over use effects.
Guitarists who say go fanboy/girl over a band and say silly things, like my friend for example "X Japan riffs are like Malmsteen solos" ...Bullshit.
Guitarists who use Drop D all the time.
Guitarists who think that all flamenco guitar is, is the major scale (Someone actually said that to me once)

The list goes on.
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.
Quote by garden of grey

I was about to say you could call it an E. I have still never seen that in sheet music before, though.

Thanks for making it complicated though lol.

I've never seen an F Flat but the same applies to C Flat, which I do see every now and then in my trombone music from band class.

C Flat = B if you didn't know that.

And I dislike most of the people who made a list of dislikes in this thread because they're all sounding reeeeally idiotic for hating those things.
Quote by joshsirjoshules
1 and 5 are me.

indeed

Quote by garden of grey

Please stop giving me basic theory replies, I know my shit. I was trying to keep my original post simple, but I guess I shouldn't have.

:P
I was just throwing it out there for people who are too retarded to understand the concepts of flats and sharps.
guitarist that dont bother learning better technique, not to sound like an asshole, but just because they claim to love guitar but do nothing to better themselves

ex. in a riff that plays the 1st fret then 3rd they only use there index finger, shifting for no reason
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
#7: wear Fender or Gibson shirts, just to let people know they play.
#8: when n00bs trade guitar picks in front of girls. These are the same kids that used to trade POG's, but went through puberty, and realized guitar is much more appealing to girls.

i would wear a gibson shirt cuz i love gibsons, but not to get attention
guitarists who think piano or any classical instruments are for ladies. I played the piano and can read sheet music better than any other bitched i've talked to so far.
I'd have to say guitarists who are like

-Get an Ibanez RG!
-Learn the harmonic minor scale!

Or...

-Guitarists who learn other peoples solo's note for note, but can't improv a solo
-Guitarists who learn a bunch of theory, but have no style
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
when guys play and their right hand has the fingers stretched out, touching the scratchplate so their hand is fixed to the guitar. it just annoys the hell out of me.
Heh, a guy named Mike Bibiglia has a song called Creepy Guitar Guy At the Party, its probably on youtube, i thought it was funny
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Quote by joshsirjoshules

Seriously people, who actually thinks Ibanezs and ESPs look good?

I do.

Dickweed.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Page 1 of 2