Page 1 of 2
i keep on playing this metallica-master of puppets coz its the only thing i know can anyone prefer any cool songs?
comfortably numb.. i love that solo
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
The Outro solo of Still Loving You by Scorpions. Not too hard, awesome sounding, emotional as hell, and tuned to a ****ed up tuning so no one can ever play along
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Freedom by RATM, first solo I ever learned, and I play it every day because I love the rake at the end.
The second solo in One by Metallica.
It just straight up pwns, its not too hard, and the tapping part impresses people.
The Legacy by Testament,
Tornado of Souls by Megadeth,
and Take the Time by Dream Theater.

Not really that easy, but satisfying to play.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Probably Elmore James' slide guitar solo in "Dust My Broom." It was really simple and I figured it out by ear. It sounds really cool when you play it yourself, even though it sounds kinda boring sometimes on records (Elmore's never boring, though).
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
The Saxaphone solo in Bob Seager's Turn the Page is the first thing I learned on guitar that I'd consider a solo that's very cool sounding. Additionally theres a couple A Perfect Circle and Tool solo's I've learned that I absolutely love to play.
Knock'n on Heaven's door--Pretty fun to play and improvise on and it's quite easy too.

Bohemian Rhapsody--Fun solo to play, quite easy as well.

And finally, the first 2 solo's in november rain. I consider that song to be quite epic.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Easiest...NOFX's The Man I Killed

For something a tad harder, MxPx's South Bound.
Bat country - Avenged Sevenfold (freakin hell fun)
I believe in a thing called love - The Darkness (everyone knows and is impressive if u dont know about guitars)
Wisest is she who knows she does not know.
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
comfortably numb.. i love that solo

same, so much feeling in it, you can just kinda drift away.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
The Trooper by Iron Maiden is pretty easy once you learn it (hell, I can play it...)
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
The first solo in leper affinity by opeth, it sounds really cool and it's relativly easy if you put some time and effort into learning it.
Quote by timo1
smells like teen spirtit

If that even counts as a solo
But someone else said Crazy Train, it's almost all tapping, and tapping is easy.
Also the Dani California solo is kinda cool, and really easy.
I like the small solo in Sweet Dreams and Seven Nation Army.

For harder solos...I like playing November Rain's solo at the middle of the song and the ending solo.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
Quote by natel0083
The second solo in One by Metallica.
It just straight up pwns, its not too hard, and the tapping part impresses people.

I like the first solo. And Kirk Hammett hated playing the second solo.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
The solo of Gets Me Through by Ozzy. It's fun to play IMO.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by which ones pink
But someone else said Crazy Train, it's almost all tapping, and tapping is easy.

Haha, do some paul gilbert tapping licks then tell me that.
But yeah I agree a lot of tappping is easy.

Easy and pretty fun and energetic, Eruption by Van Halen, people are scared to go near it but its a gentle creature that lets you pet it and feed it grapes when you approach it right.
I'm assuming that if your playing MOP you have a floating remolo, so the second solo to Every Rose Has It's Thorn by Poison. Chicks love it, and it's one of the only easy songs with tremolo.
Dickless.
i absolutely love playin (or at least tryin lol) to play juice by steve vai. its pretty hard but there are some bits that are quite easy, or at least do-able without practicing them for 2 weeks lol. i love doin it though cos i just makes people kinda go 'woah' and just watch. its hillarious. my first tho was voodoo chile by hendrix. its pretty easy n sounds lush.
lotus feet by steve vai. the shred part at the end isn't the easiest but theres so much feeling in the song. in my opinion it rivals for the love of god in terms of emotion put into it
The Big Three

RR1 Rhoads, Dean FBD Dimbag Tribute ML (check), Ibanez Bad Horsie JEM

"blacker than the blackest black...times infinity."

"so get your ass checked out before its to late, turkeys!"
Like The Angel- Rise Against
OR
Dani California- Red Hot Chili Peppers
OR
You Shook Me All Night Long- AC/DC
Quote by lobster624
"are you an angel because i have an erection."
The light that blinds - shadows fall

i cant play the intro alt. picked tho it confuses me
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
the coolest solos i can play hmmmm.. well the ones i like playin the most cowboys from hell- pantera.. sweet child o mine- guns n roses.. eruption- van halen though thats like a song.. easiest the trooper(1st solo)- iron maiden, not too hard and sounds immense..
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Haha, do some paul gilbert tapping licks then tell me that.
But yeah I agree a lot of tappping is easy.

Easy and pretty fun and energetic, Eruption by Van Halen, people are scared to go near it but its a gentle creature that lets you pet it and feed it grapes when you approach it right.

four seasons- paul gilbert isnt any harder then eruption IMO

the gullitine- escape teh fate is pretty cool sounding but surprisingly easy
Quote by axe-maniac

I believe in a thing called love - The Darkness (everyone knows and is impressive if u dont know about guitars)

+1 I love that song. Non musicians ussially go nuts over any sort of pentatonic wanking.

I really dont know that many songs, I just practice technique. But I recently learn the intro to Yngwie Malmsteen's Faster Than The speed of Light.
I'm back, you douchebags.
i forgot i also like the solo in No More Tears... pretty easy, but sounds great if you do it right
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
^You just reminded me of a song off that album. Road to nowhere solo right after the intro. Easy and sounds great.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Page 1 of 2