Whatre some good bands or songs that i can learn that will help me improve my fretting hand coordination?

some that i found useful are As I Lay Dying, CKY, Lamb of God(kinda hard)...

Bands that can help me move my fingers around the fret board and have fun doing it at the same time. Any help is appreciated.
its more music research on your behalf and what you really want to play, like listen to some riffs and look em up here and see the difficulty of it.
Quote by IbanezSA160
I farted in class once, but that's about as close i've got to a sexual experience in school.

Quote by duncanxdonuts
B2daR2daA2daD you win at life

DEAR GAWD!!!
Etudes. I love em.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Dream Theater
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
There's this band called "Scales", their song "Practice them with a metronome for an hour a day" is a classic you should definitly check out.
you have to be a little more precise about what u want..

You seem to be into the Nu Metal genre those bands are ok to practice but i would check out these bands Chimaira, Devildriver, or Bleeding Through

I personally don't care for that genre and if i were to pick a few bands i would pick

Dream Theater, Pagans Mind, Stratovarius, and maybe Firewind
The most talented man on earth...
Quote by Spamwise
There's this band called "Scales", their song "Practice them with a metronome for an hour a day" is a classic you should definitly check out.

WOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE LOADS OF FUN!!!!11!

...sorry... but the whole reason i made this thread is because i dont want to do exactly what you said.

And anything thats not extremely hard like Dream Theatre would be fine. I just want some good music to practice along too...

Im trying to make it fun...
some songs with some difficult chords in them could help, john mayer uses some different chords, so does dave matthews. and when i say difficult chords i just mean chords outside of your major/minor chords.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

John Petrucci - Glasgow Kiss
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by bluesrocker101
Etudes. I love em.

yeah
look into classical
look into dream theater
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Message in a Bottle- The Police.

stretched out my fingers and increased my accuracy of fretting while stretching.
Quote by DeadIdentity81
you have to be a little more precise about what u want..

You seem to be into the Nu Metal genre those bands are ok to practice but i would check out these bands Chimaira, Devildriver, or Bleeding Through

I personally don't care for that genre and if i were to pick a few bands i would pick

Dream Theater, Pagans Mind, Stratovarius, and maybe Firewind

i don't mean to be an ass deadidentity but do you even know metal????? the only nu-metal band he metioned was CKY the others were metalcore and trashy-death metal. and dream threater, stratovarius and firewind are power metal bro. dust of the old book and do a little research on your types of metal.
Quote by Octtwe88

...sorry... but the whole reason i made this thread is because i dont want to do exactly what you said.

And anything thats not extremely hard like Dream Theatre would be fine. I just want some good music to practice along too...

Why don't you try and practice them while pretending to be on stage and practice your stage moves. Sure it sounds funny, but it puts more fun into practice.
DANNY

hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
I've never tried that, good idea. I normally put on the tv and watch an hour or two of tv while practicing, it makes it go by faster. I don't recommend it though if you can't multitask.
Quote by drugfreeboy
i don't mean to be an ass deadidentity but do you even know metal????? the only nu-metal band he metioned was CKY the others were metalcore and trashy-death metal. and dream threater, stratovarius and firewind are power metal bro. dust of the old book and do a little research on your types of metal.

Ahem. Dream Theater is NOT power metal. Before you make yourself look like an ass, pull back and realize you're wrong.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Play Meshuggah. It is the solution.
sorry for being wrong about one band. then what would you define dream theater as......
prog ... dream theater is definately prog metal. as for moving your fingers around the fretboard i would recommend this. find some songs you like. songs that you cannot play yet. start off by playing them slowly and work your way up. classical songs are REALLY good for getting your hands to move in new ways and jazz tunes are good for getting your fingers used to new and "strange" chords. i don't wholly recommend limiting yourself just to metal. i'm a total metalhead, i love the speed and thrashy stuff, but other types of music can positively affect what you are trying to play to a great degree.
Quote by Octtwe88

I dunno about that

Quote by Octtwe88

Dream Theater have some really complicated songs, but some you can do more easily than others. most of Ytse Jam is do-able, and a lot of their lower tuned riffs are too. I'd reccomend the beginning of The Glass Prison, The Root of All Evil, the intro to A Change Of Seasons, Panic Attack, the bridge to Metropolis, some riffs from Under a Glass Moon and whatever you think you might be able to pull off. I'd also reccomend some Tool and Porcupine Tree.
I like to play ghost riders in the sky really fast, while doubling up on the picking, although it stays in the same general area on the fretboard. Then again, Im a complete begginer...
Quote by Octtwe88
Whatre some good bands or songs that i can learn that will help me improve my fretting hand coordination?

some that i found useful are As I Lay Dying, CKY, Lamb of God(kinda hard)...

Bands that can help me move my fingers around the fret board and have fun doing it at the same time. Any help is appreciated.

Quo Vadis - On The Shores of Ithaka

That should get your fingers moving. Might be a little hard though, since it's at a pretty quick tempo.
if u have no fret coordination ,then why the hell r u in a band, cuz u must obviously suck. but i can help you. go to your local Wal-Mart, go to the outdoors section, purchase a gun, and shoot yourself
First off, I never said i was in a band....

And whats the point of posting if youre just gonna bitch?
I'm Tyler
Quote by vengence6661
if u have no fret coordination ,then why the hell r u in a band, cuz u must obviously suck. but i can help you. go to your local Wal-Mart, go to the outdoors section, purchase a gun, and shoot yourself

*reported* I don't understand how that was useful. It really gave the TS some tips. I hate to be a tattle tale, but that was pointless.

I really hoped you posted that with sarcasm.
DANNY

Last edited by bluesrocker101 at Apr 22, 2007,
Vengence is warned.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Quote by vengence6661

I'm sure you're a monster player too, idolizing the rhythm guitarist in A7X and having wicked rad things like 666 in your name.

Stop being a dolt.
Quote by JimFear86
Quo Vadis - On The Shores of Ithaka

That should get your fingers moving. Might be a little hard though, since it's at a pretty quick tempo.

From As I Lay Dying and CKY to Quo Vadis? I don't think so. You've got to trem. pick 32nd notes at 120 bpm in that song lol

EDIT: vengeance666, your an idiot
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only
Last edited by White_Devil at Apr 24, 2007,
Well...If you want a few songs to learn then here's a few:
Bed of Razors - Children of Bodom
A Fallen Star - Norther
Crystal Mountain - Death
Thunderhorse - Dethklok

Each of these have moderately fast melodies in them. The only ones I can see being a slight problem are Thunderhorse A Fallen Star-Thunderhorse's rhythm doing 16th notes at a tempo of 180ish and A Fallen Star doing 16th notes at a tempo of 150ish.

Hope this helps you!