Poll: Where are you in mAslows Hierachy?
Poll Options
View poll results: Where are you in mAslows Hierachy?
Physiological
4 12%
Safety
6 18%
Family
4 12%
Esteem
13 39%
Self-Actualisation
6 18%
Voters: 33.
Ok, well i need to do a survey on a wide demographic on this subject so i decided to use UG as the teenaged demographic so anyone over about 21 do me a favour and don't vote, if you do, don't tell me you did

The Topic is Maslows Heirachy of Needs

The concept of this theory is that once a human being has met all of the needs of the bottom level of the triangle, he/she can then move onto satisfying the next level of the triangle. Once that level is satisfied they can move up and up until which time as they reach self-actualisation.

Once you have completed self-actualisation, you are finished, you have done everything you wanted to do in your life and you don't think it possible to do any more. Technially speaking, here are very very few people who could ever reach complete this level.

There is a lot more to the subject but for the purpose of this survey there is not much else that needs to be told.

All you need to do is vote for which level you have reached in your life and if you would like make a few comments on your style of life and ow that relates to your level. Also as long as no one has any objections, id like to use some of the comments as case studies in my report.

Thanks UG
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
Last edited by Chadicus at Mar 16, 2007,
I hate Maslow. But for the purpose of this thread, money, self actualisation and job satisfaction are my motivators. I'm studying at law school with the aim of being a civil barrister.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I'm definitely motivated by recognition and I have a compulsive need to "win" at things. I think that puts me in Esteem. I'm completing an undergraduate degree in business in May.

If I remember correctly, barely anyone even reaches Self-Actualization, let alone "completes" it.
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
The hierarchy is strongly debated in psychology. Don't take it as fact.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Hmm...I remember this from one of my buisness courses....Guess I'd be at the fourth level (esteem). Good luck with your survey
My motivations are love (social) and musical respect from others. (esteem)

I've got a skeleton of social and esteem, but I'm stuck at safety for the now.
Quote by MarkPlaysStuff
I'm definitely motivated by recognition and I have a compulsive need to "win" at things. I think that puts me in Esteem. I'm completing an undergraduate degree in business in May.

If I remember correctly, barely anyone even reaches Self-Actualization, let alone "completes" it.

The concept of completeing it has only been introduced in the mid to late 90's. There is now a level after it called "Transendance" Which involves helping others to achieve self-actualisation. But i made the assumption that noone under the age of 120 will have achieved transcendance so i omitted it to stop the typical fools on UG who will just click it because it sounds cool

Quote by Archeo Avis
The hierarchy is strongly debated in psychology. Don't take it as fact.

Technically, the concept is not debated. The placement of the levels is. I am using the standard, basic and generally accepted model
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
Last edited by Chadicus at Mar 16, 2007,
im a freshman in highschool and i'm taking a psychology class and we just learned about this... we took these little test things and i scored low (in the 20th percentile) so i'm pretty sure that i still need my psychological needs
GEAR:
Epi Goth Explorer with EMG 81/85s
Yamaha EG112
Rp200A
Line 6 Spider 3 75