Im unaware of how to change the strings on my new Strat (got it last week, but would like heavier strings, thats why im changing them.)

Fender/Reliance Vintage Style Tuning Machines are the type of tuners they are. They have a little hole in the top, with a slit going across the top of the tuner. I cant find it out on google, and the directions in the manual arent very clear. Does anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

you put the string in the hole on the top and turn the tuners, if its the same tuners im thinking of it.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
well from looking at it, it looks like they strung it through the back, brought it up through the nut, then wound it around the tuner and then put it in the hole on top. I dont understand it. I'd put up pictures..but i dont have a camera :-\

edit: Idk, i'll mess around with it..im afraid though, because its late here, and i have band practice somewhat early in the morning.

Hope this works.

Edit again: Yeah, i figured it out. Cut a little too much string off, but i'll live.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Last edited by 6DgOfInTb at Mar 16, 2007,