Is there a right way to tap. I know a bunch of people told me that tapping is pretty easy, but i can't seem to get it quite right. I'm a righty, so do i tap with the right hand, pull off, then pull off my other finger of my left hand. or do i hammer on w/ the left, then tap with the right. maybe its right both ways, but im having a hard time getting it right. How did you learn, and what was the first song you learned tapping with?
sorry bro im still stumbling around trying to figure this out myself and also i think this belongs in a different forum.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
i tap with my pick
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
yes, i think this might belong in another forum. it all depends on what you're wanting to "tap".

if you're not talking about a guitar, right here in the pit is perfect!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Yo man, When I first started I thought it was the hardest thing ever. You pick up on it really fast. I learned by tapping

12 on the High E , pull off 5 and hammer 8. (all on high E)

make sure you dont just literally tap the 12th fret, once you tap it, pull down on it to make it pull off to the 5.
how i describe it is, you want to do the pull off's and hammer on's with your left hand like you've probably been doing, but with your right and you want to tap the string with your finger, then kind of like "flick" it to get it to ring. a good suggestion is to tap with your middle finger on your picking hand so you can go from picking to tapping to picking real quick.
PWning N00bs Today!
Quote by Doppleganger
Yo man, When I first started I thought it was the hardest thing ever. You pick up on it really fast. I learned by tapping

12 on the High E , pull off 5 and hammer 8. (all on high E)

make sure you dont just literally tap the 12th fret, once you tap it, pull down on it to make it pull off to the 5.

exactly, i tend to flick my finger to the side a little bit rather than pulling it down tho
You're not gonna be happy about hearing this, but just practice. Eventually your body will learn the proper technique.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
Quote by chrismacker
exactly, i tend to flick my finger to the side a little bit rather than pulling it down tho

I do the same when I use my pick, it makes it ring a lot clearer.
I learned tapping by playing Eruption, then i could pretty much do it perfectly after that. Just tap with your right hand, pull off, then hammer on. Theres a lesson on tapping in the Columns here but its not two handed tapping
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Quote by Metal claw
It's just like hammering and pull-offs, only with your other hand.

are you sure you're talking about a guitar?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
i wasn't certain. thanks for clearing that up!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411