Page 1 of 2
meaning rock in latin

EDIT: IF you could leave comments on youtube as well, that would be cool, like copy and paste what you posted on here

thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpD04mFRquU

our first live show, we were a little tense, but still came out good, let me knw what you think
Last edited by lobsterboy80 at Sep 18, 2007,
This is very good. You guys seem to be really well rehearsed, I didnt even notice any mistakes.
The song is good too, its a refreshingly new sound that you guys have.

(nothing to crit).

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=535143&highlight=travelling+trip
crit that if you can get around to it
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is - Infinite.

http://thetravellingtrip.dmusic.com
^^ some sort of strange new slimey brew, its a psychedelic mess.
Check it out
you guys have a really nice sound - you're pretty tight and well-rehearsed like was said already

sort of reminds me of dispatch or some other jam band - in a good way, i don't see you as derivative

the solo is really nice - i like the fuzzed out guitar as a nice complement to the clean rhythm guitar - you're playing is really tasteful - it sounds really good but not over the top.

one suggestion would be the beginning is a little slow-moving, but i think that makes the middle-end all the much better.

crit for crit? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546582
alright, thanks guys, i hit you guys up with some crit, even tho you really didnt need it

and yea, were have been practicing that song for a about a month, adding and taking stuff out, we woulda placed in the top 3 if our school wasnt geares more towards dancing and rap stuff =[
my computer isnt playing it after 1 min so i only heard the begining, are you gonna sing in it? if not it sounds like it would be good with vocals
i cant realy listen to much of it so thats all i can crit. sorry
My Music
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
For a second I thought the title said "I swallowed my dick".

my gear:
fender stratocaster american deluxe SSS(s1)
G-DEC 30W amp
custom carrying case
jasmine by takamine acoustic
silvertone acoustic

AMAZING GUITAR SOLO!!!
my computer isnt playing it after 1 min so i only heard the begining, are you gonna sing in it? if not it sounds like it would be good with vocals
i cant realy listen to much of it so thats all i can crit. sorry
My Music
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
For a second I thought the title said "I swallowed my dick".

my gear:
fender stratocaster american deluxe SSS(s1)
G-DEC 30W amp
custom carrying case
jasmine by takamine acoustic
silvertone acoustic

AMAZING GUITAR SOLO!!!
No dude, there's no singing involved. It does get a lot different from the first minute though. Ralphy, listening to it on a computer with good bass, you really held the band together. Your bass line =
[SIZE=
Kick ass stuff

At the beginning i tought its gonna be some shitty ska/emo/punk but you proved me wrong with the shweet solo.
The part when everything went quiet except the tapping kicked ass.

Nice
Quote by Evil_Magician
Kick ass stuff

At the beginning i tought its gonna be some shitty ska/emo/punk but you proved me wrong with the shweet solo.
The part when everything went quiet except the tapping kicked ass.

Nice

As cool as I think ska is, thanks.
[SIZE=
i gotta tell ya man... i like this. you guy are really good musicians. i'm more crunch and stompin type, but this is really quite good!
Wow... I know how harsh UG can be at times, and I am really impressed. Thanks for all of your positive comments!
[SIZE=
pretty nicely arranged, neat and smooth song really.. The lead guitar tone could have been made better though.. It's got a nice melody in it throughout the song.
nice dude.. well played. like youve all gave a 100% effort on this. good job.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

nice work, you guys really had this song down. i really like the clean guitar behind the main riff, and i pretty much cant think of any reason why somebody could not enjoy this song. awesome job
That was great, not only was it a really good song you held it all together live. Great playing. Maybe just work on your stage presence a bit? And Thanks for the crit
I really like the feel of the band. It was hard to hear cause of the recording, but it was nice from what I heard.

May just be because of the recording, but tell your distorted guitar to turn up
Originally Posted by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

very nice. I liked the song alot, nicely written. I didn't really like the tone of the rhythm guitar however, seemed really fuzzy. The lead, and the solos were really nicely played, and just sounded good overall. good clean tone as well
Quote by LawlStorm
very nice. I liked the song alot, nicely written. I didn't really like the tone of the rhythm guitar however, seemed really fuzzy. The lead, and the solos were really nicely played, and just sounded good overall. good clean tone as well

That's interesting. The rhythm was clean for a good majority of the song (I know, I played it ). Maybe the video is just kind of goofy. Who knows?
[SIZE=
Pretty good man, I thought it went down hill though around a minute whenever one of your guitarists turned up the gain, it didnt really mesh with your sound at all. At the VERY beginning though, you had sort of a pop-alt rock vibe, and then you went over to a jam band sort of sound like alo or the disco biscuits(but less electric). Then you went on and upped the gain even more and started sounding like gnr or something like that. The song didn't really flow very well in my opinion. Like, if you especially notice around 3:40, the guitarists are both on an entirely different page. You stayed in key the whole time, and in time for the most part, but it just didn't seem to piece itself together.

Overall, your musicianship wasn't bad at all, but your songwriting needs work. Not horrible at all though, definitely needs some improvement, but its nothing that won't come with time.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
Last edited by mercedesisbenz at Mar 19, 2007,
Quote by mercedesisbenz
Pretty good man, I thought it went down hill though around a minute whenever one of your guitarists turned up the gain, it didnt really mesh with your sound at all. At the VERY beginning though, you had sort of a pop-alt rock vibe, and then you went over to a jam band sort of sound like alo or the disco biscuits(but less electric). Then you went on and upped the gain even more and started sounding like gnr or something like that. The song didn't really flow very well in my opinion. Like, if you especially notice around 3:40, the guitarists are both on an entirely different page. You stayed in key the whole time, and in time for the most part, but it just didn't seem to piece itself together.

Overall, your musicianship wasn't bad at all, but your songwriting needs work. Not horrible at all though, definitely needs some improvement, but its nothing that won't come with time.

You do have a point there. I think John hit a few sour notes around that point. It was his first time on stage, so he was probably just trying to pull off some guitar wanking towards the end of the song. But thanks for the constructive criticism. We'll work on meshing together better in the future, I suppose.
[SIZE=
Thanks for the crit. Nice work on this one... fun music, you guys sound pretty tight, cool solo, good job. You guys should do some studio studio recording.
really cool. nice playing. got a positive atmosphere. i like it. the solos are really cool. keep it up. do you have a website? give me a link to it please!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmmm..........yeah, thanks for the crit
Quote by HyperFeedback
really cool. nice playing. got a positive atmosphere. i like it. the solos are really cool. keep it up. do you have a website? give me a link to it please!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmmm..........yeah, thanks for the crit

its in my sig (look below)

we will hopefully have the audio version of it up soon *cough*jimmy(send it over soon)*cough*

EDIT: and the audio is up now, check it out, download or even add it to your page =]
Last edited by lobsterboy80 at Mar 20, 2007,
Quote by mercedesisbenz

yeah that's exactly what i was going to say. the song felt like it was skipping genres somewhat randomly. i was liking the vibe at the start, but it got too jammy for my tastes. and then it went jam metal. haha.

the actual guitar playing was good though. i really liked the part near the beginning where the dude on the right was just playing that clean chord part all alone. that sounded really cool.
Smooth a precise playing from what i saw. The drums sounded a little skittish at some points but overall this was an awesome song!
Quote by justinrobbins7
*unzipppp* "Deal with this, wench."

Quote by Mazzakazza
Ug Knows 1000% More About Scrotal Sacs Than Real Doctors.
Hm Let Me Investigate. You Has The Painful Scroties? You Has Aids.
Next Plz.
crit as i listen.

Pretty cool, sound very professional and pretty tight. crowd seems to love ya. u have a really cool sound. keep it up, u all r good performers. thanks for the crit
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
looks like a solo showcase guitar...

nice soloing... but as mentioned, really covers a 'spectrum' of genres that one cant really put a finger down on.
Wow great song! I like the intro and the part after. The vibe is sweet. The bends in the beginning sounded a little bit off though. Pretty cool!
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

the quality is very good. well played.

Perhaps a little too much reverb / chorus - it is VERY ambient - perhaps this is what you were going for? it's quite a popular thing to do nowadays.

The solo was rather tasteful, nice classic rock feel. great atmosphere and tension

As it has been put forward on the comments section, it's just a shame that a better recording doesn't exist.

Thanks for the crit mate, keep at it
Page 1 of 2