I know bo is gonna wanna strike me with lightning after he reads this, judging by how he closed off the metal chat thread . (HAPPY NOW INSIDEAC?!!?!?!?)

But I was over in the neighboring shred forum, and was reading through their random shred chat. They rarely talk about shred, but they also rarely stray into extreme spam areas. They talk about everything they all like, and discuss it well. The shred forum has less friendlier mods than the metal forum, me thinks, yet our mods have been forced to shut down the chat thread numerous times now cuz of all the spam involved. What im trying to say is...I think we should give the chat ONE more try, please?!? Cmon guys, we gotta get our act together if we want it to stay (if they do it reopen it, that is), and now you know that they are for real. It should still be a little regulated, but it should allow room to comment with laughter or jokes or something that could be off topic, as long as we jump back into a subject after. I dunno. Just giving out my two cents. Cmon greety, bo, nelsean, andrew, snyper and taqu! Just think about it
Last edited by insideac at Mar 16, 2007,
I support it.

But Bo has an Iron Fist.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Yeah. What GOG said.

I support. It leads to less spamming in threads that end up getting people warned/banned.
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
It's not my decision. Im not a Mod here. I would allow it though. :p
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I think its pointless. Use the java chat or pm's. Nobody really cares that much if you make an off-topic post or two in a thread, as long as its not blatantly spammy. Plus, how can metal forumer's say "Oh yeah I posted a thread in the pit but it was spammed up by a bunch of retards," When they have a random chat thread themselves?
how about this one metal mods(not saying any names) comment is greety is gay...

is there tension in the metal forum?
Quote by remember
how about this one metal mods(not saying any names) comment is greety is gay...

is there tension in the metal forum?

Yeah, Greety is literally gay. He is very proud of it and asks people to announce it in their user titles. Personally, I think he isn't a very modest man.
Quote by garden of grey

Yeah, Greety is literally gay. He is very proud of it and asks people to announce it in their user titles. Personally, I think he isn't a very modest man.

well in that case... *points to title*
I think I'm going to allow it.
I'm going to give you one more chance. dont think we forgot the "Only COB thread".

While I'm here, allow me to introduce myself.

I'm faqu, I'm your new metal mod.
some of you may know me as alex from the chat.
I hate flaming. I cant stand it. so try to keep it down as much as you can.
I'm very friendly btw. so feel free to ask me anything, or talk about whatever you want.

books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Quote by faqu
I'm going to give you one more chance. dont think we forgot the "Only COB thread".

I'm very friendly btw. so feel free to ask me anything, or talk about whatever you want.

Lol @ Taqu.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by faqu

Hey

What do I have to do become a mod? I can deep throat....

Anyways, I love the Metal Forum Chat! It was such a cool place... I think we should just restrain ourselves a bit so it isn't like 40 posts an hour...
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by faqu

I thought your name was Collin My bad.
NOPE.
Aslong as it doesn't descend into pages of boring spam and life commentaries it'll be ok.

But something tells me it's likely to descend back into Shit Street.

[/pessimism]
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
^But that's just because you're an old fart.

I'm fine with it, as long as it doesn't descend into pages of "LOL FF IS TEH SECKS!1!11"
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by insideac
*a bunch of horseshit*

Fuck the chat thread.

It would never work, you babble on about your underage girlfriends and whatnot, that the thread hardly ever takes a stray towards the subject of

*gasp*

metal.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Quote by kirkisking
Fuck the chat thread.

It would never work, you babble on about your underage girlfriends and whatnot, that the thread hardly ever takes a stray towards the subject of

*gasp*

metal.

Well, the point he made was that the Shred Chat Thread rarely discussed shred, and their mods are a lot worse than the ones here.
lol @ 'greety is gay' movement
meh...i liked it until whenever i logged in there was 4 pages of new posts
My sig is better than yours
I'm not fussed about it staying on the topic of Metal, I just don't want to see all that crappy e-slang and people giving a day-by-day update of their damn personal lives or rabbling on about infantile sex problems.

Theres the Pit for all that horse-crap, and a relationship thread in which you can indulge in making a diary of your damn sex life.

But to be honest, on the other side of things, I wouldn't have minded having somewhere to brag about my 'promotion' or have relatively intelligent topical conversation. Hell, I can even appreciate good, well-humoured spam. Not waste of space crap like ********* JESSICA ALBA MASTURBATION LOLOLOL.

Thats my two cents anyway.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Scourge441
Well, the point he made was that the Shred Chat Thread rarely discussed shred, and their mods are a lot worse than the ones here.

'Scuse me?

Ah, well, I guess you'd know, considering you've got access to the admin logs that log moderator actions etc...
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
'Scuse me?

Ah, well, I guess you'd know, considering you've got access to the admin logs that log moderator actions etc...

Lolz.

Anyway, metal aye...anyone else glad to be part of the most diverse (and thereby best ) genre ever?
hey, I have a question about metal(since Im still a noob).well i hear people talking and using melodic to describe some band but not other band, what i want to know is what constitues if its melodic or not because I hear some techniqual and brutal death metal bands using melody (e.g. cryptopsy,decreipt birth) in songs and never hear them described as melodic, i also was wondering what word would be used to decribe their sound (like you know) opposite of melodic.
Melodic death metal is normally bands like In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Mors Principium Est, At The Gates, ect. Bands that aren't brutal, full out, wall of noise, they have less than brutal vocals and a lot of use of scales and chords. It normally sounds more pleasant to the ear than brutal or technical death metal.

Or, for the easier way

www.wikipedia.com
I'm for it as long as it doesn't move as fast as that second one did. That was rediculously homosexual.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Quote by eternalgorias
The only one who uses Java anymore is Bo from what I can tell. tmct was hell fun.

??? I never use that thing

And I don't have anything against a chat thread, I only hate the ABUSE of the chat thread that happened.
Nice, new chat thread, thanks Faqu & Bo.

Anywhoo, I'm seeing Dark Tranquillity alongside The Haunted, Scar Symmetry and Into Eternity in about a week. Anybody ever seen em live before?