so i was at a pawn shop today and saw an s series ibanez . im not much familiar with ibanez and was trying to identify the model. it had a neck humbucker a bridge humbucker and a single coil in the middle. it had 1 tone, 1 volume, 5 way pickup selector, and a licensed floyd rose. the plug jack was routed into the body and it had ribbon inlays. it was like a bronse color. can anybody identify this guitar for me?
GUITARS:
Ibanez s40dxqm
Gibson SG faded

Amp:
Peavey JSX 120watt head
Mesa Boogie recto 2x12 Cab
Sounds like an older S370 to me.

Anything like this?

If yes, might be a 470, even though I've never seen a 470 in that finish. Although it exists...
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I saw a 470 with a similar finish, but not so shiny and it was at a pawn shop too. Im sure it is a 470. They are good guitars, I say you go for it. Just be careful with the floating trem.
Watch the trem however.

The ZR trem (on the S470 new ones) is amazing, and if that guitar has that trem, get it! It's reliable as hell and smooth. Great!

Any other variations are not too good. I don't think the S470 came with an Edge trem of sorts...
It will be ILT or LoTRSII for any S in that finish. Both are crap, but both should be OFR swaps.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
The only problem is that you have to have the shorter trem block, otherwise it'd stick the hell out of the body.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
^ about 3mm... OFR block is, iirc, 37mm. LoTRS II is 34, and Edge is 30 (just measured mine). Edge easily has 6 mm of slack, so I'm guessing OFR will work fine sans trem cover. And that's on a '90 body. Korean Sabers are chubbier, they might not even need any mods.

But if anything, grind a couple millimeters down.
Quote by pifty
^ about 3mm... OFR block is, iirc, 37mm. LoTRS II is 34, and Edge is 30 (just measured mine). Edge easily has 6 mm of slack, so I'm guessing OFR will work fine sans trem cover. And that's on a '90 body. Korean Sabers are chubbier, they might not even need any mods.

But if anything, grind a couple millimeters down.

I've seen various and numerous mods over the S series, one particular one is that they change the bridge, the trem block sticks out more than the body that you cant put the cavity covers. Korean Ss can have the action quite high since the neck sticks out more than Japanese Ss.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic