Does anyone here own a Randall T2 or V2 amp? Or have you even played one? Give me a detailed description of the all out metal sound that it can make...
Great amps, I played a T2 in my local shop. Reall agressive, real tight, real focused. Its really a great metal amp, loud as hell though.

I'm probably going to be ordering a V2 soon, as its essentially a souped up T2 with more options and the EQ.

Also: You're going to get a lot of nay-sayers and down players of Solid State, but chances are good they haven't played a randall, which really blows a lot of tube amps out of the water. Now flame me all you want, but from all the Marshalls I've played, DSL's, TSL's, JCM800's, and JCM 900's, and all the Mesa Rectifiers I've played, which include the Single, Dual, Triple, and Roadster combo, I actually prefer the XL series to them, and yes I was playing cranked. The only other amp I really dig in comparision to the T2 and V2's are the Mesa Mark IV's.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by Striketalonx
Great amps, I played a T2 in my local shop. Reall agressive, real tight, real focused. Its really a great metal amp, loud as hell though.

I'm probably going to be ordering a V2 soon, as its essentially a souped up T2 with more options and the EQ.

Also: You're going to get a lot of nay-sayers and down players of Solid State, but chances are good they haven't played a randall, which really blows a lot of tube amps out of the water. Now flame me all you want, but from all the Marshalls I've played, DSL's, TSL's, JCM800's, and JCM 900's, and all the Mesa Rectifiers I've played, which include the Single, Dual, Triple, and Roadster combo, I actually prefer the XL series to them, and yes I was playing cranked. The only other amp I really dig in comparision to the T2 and V2's are the Mesa Mark IV's.

Ah you're speaking my language!

I own a Randall... an RH200... its old and it was only 220 bucks at Sam Ash (used)... its fine for running pedals through, and it sounds okay, but I need a good amp that I can actually use the distortion on.

Seeing that I already have a 500 dollar Randall cab with Celestions... the V2 is the obvious choice for me, considering it's in my price range too.

Only thing is, I can't find any good clips or anything! They don't have it at any local stores either.
Quote by Striketalonx

In this case, there will be few nay-sayers of SS. Higher end SS amps can give you a really heavy and tight distortion. If that is what you are looking for, then SS is great. However, tubes give you much more versatility when it comes to playing styles other than being a full on gain monster. "We" make fun of SS, because most SS amps are a poor excuse at an attempt to be a tube amp.

Never played it. Heard it sounds great though.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Yea, I really want that super-tight aggressive balls-out tone. SS isn't bad when it's being what it's supposed to be...

I just wish I could play one before I drop 1200 dollars onto it.
Quote by i_baked_cookies
Ah you're speaking my language!

I own a Randall... an RH200... its old and it was only 220 bucks at Sam Ash (used)... its fine for running pedals through, and it sounds okay, but I need a good amp that I can actually use the distortion on.

Seeing that I already have a 500 dollar Randall cab with Celestions... the V2 is the obvious choice for me, considering it's in my price range too.

Only thing is, I can't find any good clips or anything! They don't have it at any local stores either.

yah, randall dealers are hard to come by.. I'm pretty lucky I've got two within 35 miles of me... but really its worth the drive, as randalls really have a unique tone to them, that you will either super-dig, or won't find it as your cup of tea.. also Randalls site has some pretty cheap clips of their amps up, they are super compressed, and really don't do their amps justice.. don't believe me? Go listen to the MTS clips, then go listen to user created mts clips, that you can find on their forum... sounds almost completely different...
same deal with the XL series..

Quote by soccerdude3465
In this case, there will be few nay-sayers of SS. Higher end SS amps can give you a really heavy and tight distortion. If that is what you are looking for, then SS is great. However, tubes give you much more versatility when it comes to playing styles other than being a full on gain monster. "We" make fun of SS, because most SS amps are a poor excuse at an attempt to be a tube amp.

Never played it. Heard it sounds great though.

Ever play a Roland Jazz Chorus? It does cleans better than most tube amps, with the exceptions of a few fenders, oranges, and boutiques..

+

Yes, sadly most SS amps are cheap little practice amps that try to be tube amps, even with the Randall's, they have a slight feeling of tube emulation, with the Valve-Dynamic Power amps and Hybrid Preamps and Poweramps... but luckily they are great sounding amps.

Note
What are your speakers wattage rating? The Randall's are extremely powerful, with the XL series being able to dish out 400 watts at 4 ohms, and 280 at 8... which is loud as ****, and will probably blow your speakers if they are the common Celestian Vintage 30's.. or even the T75's... Oh, and the wattage rating has nothing to do with the perceived volume, if you are gonna say that its only 200 watts tube, or 120 tube, respectively, either way, its the same amount of wattage being pushed through the speakers, and will kill them...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Last edited by Striketalonx at Mar 17, 2007,
Yea, I've looked up on that...

My Randall cab is 320 watts RMS (4ohm stereo and 8ohm mono) with Celestion seventy-80s

So I should be able to input 8ohm mono... and be at 280 watts.

I'm doing 220 watts currently and holy hell is it loud... I can't image 400.
Quote by Striketalonx
Ever play a Roland Jazz Chorus? It does cleans better than most tube amps, with the exceptions of a few fenders, oranges, and boutiques..

Yes, that is an incredible amp, and of course there are exceptions to every rule.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Nah, but ive played the RG100G3 and it sounded incredible and i was going to buy it, but came across a Laney TF700 head and cab for $500AU., and i heard the RG100g2 on a site and it sounded exactly like a Mesa Boogie Dual Rec soundclip i heard. So i can imagine it will sound great. Still wish i can get the G3 in the near future though, ill probably sell my Carvin.