Page 1 of 2
During the last few months of research I've narrowed down my options for my first electric and amp to two guitars and 2 amps:

Guitar: Dean Vendetta XM
what else?

Amp: Vox DA15
Roland Cube

Most of my friends have vehemently told me to get the Squier so I'll take that and from what I've seen on here the Roland Cube is moslty for metal and the Vox is for everything else EXCEPT metal. I'll be playing mostly everything else and very little of metal so I'll prolly get the Vox.

Now I have 3 questions:

1. Am I missing some guitars/amps out here for my price range? (around 250 USD including both)
2. If I'm not, i've effectively chosen what I want so should I let my dad buy them for me? (he's in France right now and his hotel is right opposite the biggest musical store there)
3. I NEED a distortion pedal, there are no two ways about it , on board distortion won't do because I have to constantly change during the course of most of my originals. So which pedal should I get for a Mainstream/Processed Distorted sound?
example: Porcupine Tree
Changed signature after 4 years.

Will take some time to make a new one.
Last edited by siddyjain at Mar 17, 2007,
DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT get the squier bullet. if you want a cheap guitar get a Squier 51 those are cheap and pretty decent
Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
dont get a squire or i'll kill you, especially the bullet, go get an ibanez sz and the roland
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
the squire bullet is bad. it would go nicely with a marshal mg (haha the only music equipment my school has)

ibanez
rg321? i dunno how much it is over there. but it sure is a nice guitar
Don't you know, I'm the end of what will be?
even i stay in delhi... i think you can check bharat musicals and onstage in lajpat nagar... they have quite decent guitars and dont buy the bullet... it sucks..
you can also check www.bajaao.com... it also stocks some great guitars... whats your budget
dude i think I'll find better guitars in France than India...i've checked out all those places and they're hella expensive so no...

Dude^ how's Orange? I think there's a mcroCrush something for around 130$

go for a '51 or the vendetta and the vox, no brainer really
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
It' not a no brainer- many people have said that the VEndetta isn't all that good...anyway, any suggestions for the pedal?

That's already been said 100 times and I've removed it from my list too!

aah then the Vox is decided then. What about the guitar? do I go ahead with the Dean? Are there any good local guitars in France?

Dean? they feel like crap, get a Ibanez S, Sa, RG or something, seriously they pwn Deans
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
^Dude they're out of my price range...

Check out Yamaha. Their pacifica range is very good, and you'll get a wide range of tones out of them.

Yamaha Pacifica 112 + Vox DA15 or Laney VC15 for the win.
Quote by Metal_Injection
Dean? they feel like crap, get a Ibanez S, Sa, RG or something, seriously they pwn Deans

It's funny u should say that 'cos my dean is bloody brilliant to play.

I would go with the dean, or a yamaha.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by siddyjain
I NEED a distortion pedal, there are no two ways about it , on board distortion won't do because I have to constantly change during the course of most of my originals. So which pedal should I get for a Mainstream/Processed Distorted sound?

get a footswitch for the Vox
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Ive played the Vendetta before, and its not acctually that bad of a guitar for a guitar under $100. Its made out of a decent wood that I hear is similar to alder, and the neck wasnt too bad. It might need a setup after you get it, but I think its alright. And if you dont like the pickups, you can just swap them out later. I would go for that over the Squier, although I havent played a Yamaha in about 2 years, so I dont know or remember how good or bad they were.
in terms of guitars the Yamaha Pacifica and the Ibanez GRX20 are great starter guitars.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Quote by Neon Knight
get a footswitch for the Vox

footswitch is 50$ i'd rather buy a dist pedal...

^the 'nez is out of my price range...

Last edited by siddyjain at Mar 17, 2007,
dude save money wait for a while what guitar do u have at present i think that would be some local made brand ,save money around 20000Rs and get the Ibanez GRG170 and CUBE30
in delhi
u will easily get this under 20000 with a bit bargaining
METALLICA RULES ( USED TO ;Before ST. Anger)

Gear:
Cort EVL-K6 (White Pearl)
BOSS ME-70
Fender CD-60
If you're looking at the cube, make sure you get anything other than the Cube 15/15x.

They aren't the same as the other cubes; no modeling or effects.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by demon_gb26
dude save money wait for a while what guitar do u have at present i think that would be some local made brand ,save money around 20000Rs and get the Ibanez GRG170 and CUBE30
in delhi
u will easily get this under 20000 with a bit bargaining

Oh shut up , im not spending 20000 bucks on my rig just now. All i have is a effin givson acoustic and I NEED the guitar ASAP. So it's either right now when my dad's in france or in may when I go to the US. I'm NOT buying a guitar in India and that is final.

get it form US

my bro lives in france, guitar are cheaper in india than france specially all those which are made in japan, korea, indonesia,etc(east asia)!!

u will get the cheapest deal in US !!!

dont ever say "shut up" to someone who is trying to help u "arSe Clown"
METALLICA RULES ( USED TO ;Before ST. Anger)

Gear:
Cort EVL-K6 (White Pearl)
BOSS ME-70
Fender CD-60
I vote for the Yamaha pacifica112. Great starter guitar!
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
Quote by siddyjain
During the last few months of research I've narrowed down my options for my first electric and amp to two guitars and 2 amps:

Guitar: Dean Vendetta XM
what else?

Amp: Vox DA15
Roland Cube

Most of my friends have vehemently told me to get the Squier so I'll take that and from what I've seen on here the Roland Cube is moslty for metal and the Vox is for everything else EXCEPT metal. I'll be playing mostly everything else and very little of metal so I'll prolly get the Vox.

Now I have 3 questions:

1. Am I missing some guitars/amps out here for my price range? (around 250 USD including both)
2. If I'm not, i've effectively chosen what I want so should I let my dad buy them for me? (he's in France right now and his hotel is right opposite the biggest musical store there)
3. I NEED a distortion pedal, there are no two ways about it , on board distortion won't do because I have to constantly change during the course of most of my originals. So which pedal should I get for a Mainstream/Processed Distorted sound?
example: Porcupine Tree

Getting the Porcupine Tree sound will be EXTREMELY difficult. Nothing sounds quite like those "Bad Cat" amplifiers they use.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
I just said shut up because you wanted me to save up 20000 bucks when I'm only in the 10th

Thats it! I'm going to have to record some sound clips of my vox doing metal, its way better than anyone else says, Better than the cube series in my opinion.
Squier 51 discontinued?
I'll kill. Srsly.

Loks available in the UK still.
Quote by Metallica708
Getting the Porcupine Tree sound will be EXTREMELY difficult. Nothing sounds quite like those "Bad Cat" amplifiers they use.

That sucks. seriously.

Umm dude i don't know, but musician's friend says it's been discontinued.

I do believe there are acoustic guitars in the world.

i personally love the yamaha pacifica and would recommend either the cube or the vox (although you seem to have decided that already)
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
If you're gonna get a Squier, don't get a Strat or Bullet or anything that resembles a Strat, get a Telecaster, they shit on every other Squier in town
Is there a 100$ squier tele?

get this
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER