this is probobly the wrong place to ask but how do you read piano tab?

does anyone know?
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
What in Gods name is piano tab?

Edit: Do you mean standard notation? If so I think musictheory.net can teach you that.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Last edited by Ænimus Prime at Mar 17, 2007,
erm well....i was looking at a keyboard tab the other day for Van halen Jump

It said stuff like

EE E
AA D
DC C

Etc.........i just played them notes........but i dont know...
Ya there is no such thing as piano tab. Pianists are different from guitarists. All piano players know how to read standard notation, whereas most gutiarists cant. So they dont need tabs, they can sightread music. If you want to learn how to play piano, then learn how to read standard notation for piano, just like every other piano player.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by justin_fraser
Ya there is no such thing as piano tab.

There actually is, and it's one of the most hideous means of notation I have ever seen. It would likely be easier to just learn sheet music and have all the great benefits that come with it than trying to learn piano tab.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Quote by nightwind
There actually is, and it's one of the most hideous means of notation I have ever seen. It would likely be easier to just learn sheet music and have all the great benefits that come with it than trying to learn piano tab.

I too have seen 'tabs' for piano. They're absolutely disgusting. Sheet music, however, is the best way to go (especially for piano).
So what exactly is this piano tab? Really it makes no sense to why you would have one as every person that plays the piano can read sheet music. By this I mean the people who are good at piano. They have no need for tab because they can read standard notation like nothing.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help