Hey yall I'm in need of a song for a contest in November and I want to get a headstart as soon as possible. I've been playing since Christmas of 2005 and I have the skill of a person who can Classical Gas decently well but just can't seem to play it through without making a mistake. I prefer a classical song, but not just that genre. So if anyone has a song, please reply.
Playing for two years and still doing covers? For gods-sake, compose something on your own. Be original.

Edit: Nevermind. You've only been playing for roughly a year.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
mood for a day by yes. great tune, tons of fun, classical feel to it, and playable.
Low C - Erick Turnbull. his tabs on this site. Really good song, check it out on youtube
Guitars.

Seagull Entourage Rustic Q1
Washburn D-10 N 93'
Jay turser.. i dunno what model.
Even though I say this everytime in threads like this... White Summer... Watch the youtube video of Page playing it. It is amazing.
My gear:
-Fender Jaguar HH
-Fender Fat Strat
-Guild GAD-G212
-Washburn D33S
-Vox AC30CC1 tube amp
-Vox 847 wah
-EH Big Muff
-EH Double Muff
-EH POG
-EH Small Clone
Do the Mario/Nintendo theme LOL, its on youtube.

This is the classical guitar version (ths guy is VERY good)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YQcuQsD587M&mode=related&search=

This is the electric guitar version
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UXh5r_lt1r4

Something different, eh?
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Last edited by DJaye at Mar 18, 2007,
Wow. Low C is hard. Something easier
Last edited by NorCalRox at Mar 18, 2007,
Quote by Shred_From_Hell
Necrophagist-Stabwound

Remember I'm the only one playing, and the judges won't allow a rock group to be the composer of a song, hate to break it to you guys. But someone like Clapton or Emmanuel is perfectly fine.
Is it the sorta thing that it needs to be a song already writen? of can you compose one yourself and do that?
Current Gear:

J&D Luthiers 7 string.
Ashton GA100 Amp.
Digitech RP80 & Grunge.
Boss Superchorus.
Berhenger Wah.
Carton of Victoria Bitter.
Pack of Winfeild Blue.
k, since no one actually recommended something ur playability, i would say angelina by Tommy Emmanuel
Caprice No. 5 In A Minor by Niccolo Paganini.
I learned it a month ago, and it is incredible!
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
Bourre
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
I'm learning Bouree right now, but it might not win me the competition (trust me, the competition isn't good, but bouree's not enough) Any other songs?
Quote by *Thundernation*
Everything Changes -Staind

It's Easy And Sounds Good

It's supposed to be an Instrumental. If I wanted to play a sing along song I'd play Heartbeats by Jose Gonzalez.
I would try to play Mood for a day by yes (it's a classical composition written by Steve Howe) I guess this could give you some chance to win it.
Dreaming of freedom is easy to do
You have to fight and win but never lose.
Mood For A Day, alright I'll check that one else. Any other songs that are around this song's level of difficulty, other than Classical Gas?