I like to think a lot, the kind of thought we call free-thinking, sometimes I'll just sit for an hour and think about my life and god. I often think about intelligence too, I need to ask you what your thoughts are because I am unsure what to think. I often bar my intelligence on how well I remember things, my problem is when I read something the first time I rarely remember most of the details and if asked to describe what hapenned I would have very little to say. I want to ask you if you think that's what a learning disability is, I've made it through 3 years of university and I think I got by on having a base intelligence but I think I may have just discovered I have a learning disability. For those with an honest opinion I'd like to hear what you have to say.
I've always thought that being able to understand concepts and facts was more important than remembering it. If you remember it, that's all well and good, but do you really know what it means?
No. No. Noooooo.

I thought I had ADD because I couldn't concentrate while studying. I'd get distracted by anything. You can easily get a prescription of Adderol or Ritilan, by saying that. But I really knew that wasn't the case. If you've made it this far, you don't have it.

Edit: If you've made it through 3 years of college on a "base intelligence" you need to question your school before you do anything else.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
When You read something the first time and don't remember specific details, thats normal. You don't have a learning disability, you'll be fine
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by SickMetal
I've always thought that being able to understand concepts and facts was more important than remembering it. If you remember it, that's all well and good, but do you really know what it means?

I usually do, right now I'm in engineering and the next term I'm going into psychology. I read about it all the time and don't really study it, so I don't the names of people or dates but I know the main ideas behind everything I've read. I'm just trying to find out if there is something that blocks the way I learn everything or if I'll be able to learn things that I want to because in engineering I haven't learned a thing but I hated it the whole time.

edit: thanks for being mature, it seems a thread full of positive and engaging comments is a rarity.
Pay hard attention, like if I start reading something Ill get to thinking about girls or something like that cause what else would I think about, then I wont remember anything.
I don't think so.
I think what you need to do is be able to understand the basic idea of it and understand it, and remembering the details isn't that much of a big deal.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
intelligence is unmeasurable i thought everyone knew that, IQ test??? dont make me laugh(but you can make me laugh if you want becuase laughter is good for the soul)