just yes or no.

1. in an Am blues song, could i use the phrygian mode starting from A to solo on? would it sound good?
2. could i use aeolian?
3. could i use locrian?

thanks.
You can depending on how you approach it. Theoretically it doesn't work out, but it's the blues so you kind of throw the theory out the window. But yes, you can use these scales but sparingly. If you want any soundclips of those scales over the blues just ask.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
what scales apart from the blues scales can you use over a minor blues song then?
A phrygian or aeolian would work, though neither would sound bluesy, and there are better chords for the phrygian mode.
Locrian is not a minor mode, so no, you couldn't use it.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
well, i'm looking for some scales APART from the normal blues scales that would still sound pretty bluesy in an A minor blues song.
If you posted the chord progression it would make things a lot clearer. All I can say at the moment is minor pentatonic i.e. blues scale without the b5.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
ok, take, for example, since i've been loving you, by led zeppelin, i havn't worked out the progression but it's in C minor.

my teacher told me something about using dorian starting on C as a scale to use. it's like the blues scale but with 2 added notes on it.
Hmmm, Jimmy Page doesn't use dorian on that solo, he just uses natural minor, ie dorian without the major 6th.
Well you could always use the Mixolydian scale.

What's your chord progression? Are you using major chords? Minor chords? 7th chords?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I just assumed he was talking about the general I7-IV7-V7 turnaround.