What happens when this is done?

Is this a bad thing or could one possibly end up getting a good tone out of this?
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
Quote by IXI Streak IXI
What happens when this is done?

Is this a bad thing or could one possibly end up getting a good tone out of this?

Its possible to get a good tone out of..
Hell if my memory serves me right, Fender Bassmans were originally designed to be bass amps... and they really are the root of the whole marshall tone, and we know where that has taken rock and roll, and metal...

on a more modern bass amp wise, I played my friends bass combo, some fender with lights on the bottom.. and it sounded.. odd... but you could probably work a decent tone out of it.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
The reason I ask is... I bought a speaker. It's not necessarily a bass speaker but it's said to be ideal for a bass amp. I have an amp [The Vox AD30VT] which seems to get VERY muddy at high volumes. I bought a new mesa 12ax7 which gave it a better sound... at low volumes. When I turn it up.. the mids eat everything. Would this speaker [The link below] Be alright in the vox?

http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=PS10&CID=RSPK
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
Well, it's a Mesa 12ax7 so the mids are pretty high up there even if I turn them down on the amp themselves. I like how it sounds though. It's just that my current speaker which is the stock Vox AD30VT speaker, sucks ass. Would that speaker prove beneficial in any way or should I do like the sheep and get a Celestion G10?
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
Well, personally I wouldn't like a Celestion in an amp like that Vox. I feel that it would take away some character from some amps (Clean/Od voiced channels like the Fenders and Voxes), but it may work out for you. The speaker I mentioned is specifically made for guitar amps, and is a bit subdued in the mids but overall is very balanced tonally. I believe it would do well with that type of amp.
Ah. I see. Do you have any opinions on the speaker I posted earlier? How well would that fare in the Vox?
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
I really don't think it's a suitable choice. Carvin does make great guitar loudspeakers, so you might want to try one of their's made specifically for guitar.
I went on the site but they only have 12" speakers. This was pretty much the only 10" I found there.
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab