stuff like this is asked a lot......

schecter isnt very well known, yet. theyd probably be more expensive if they were as big as fender or gibson because thats what a lot of what you pay for, brand name.
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
if you are talking about ltds they are made of mahogany at that price, both are made in korea so Really, which brand is better?
Schecter rule but yea there not as big as gibson and i doubt they will ever be since famous musicans just like to play the Les Paul or w/e it is. which is good that means Schecters will stay lower priced
Quote by rexdime
if you are talking about ltds they are made of mahogany at that price, both are made in korea so Really, which brand is better?

well if that question was directed towards me, i dont have an opinion. i have never played an LTD or ESP before.
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
Never played a shecter, but they look like they rule. But I can def. vouch for LTD; ec-1000. Totally kicks! Awesome feel.

Lower LTD models (under 400 which have agathis as wood) are on the low par and they aren't on the 600 USD mark...those would be the 400 series.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
if i were to guess, i'd assume its to compensate for and balance out the better hardware... for $600 you can get an esp guitar with a floyd rose, active EMG's, neck-thru body setup, coil taps sometimes... schecter wont give you stuff like that for $600, or at least not what i've seen. if they threw amazing woods on top of it, you wouldnt be able to get it for 600. after playing both ESP's and Schecters though, i would definitely go with an ESP.
dudes. schecter is amazing. best inlays ive ever seen in guitars, and its so cheap to. i have a c-1 elite its amazing. Ive also owned a esp/ltd viper. Those are nothing compared to schecters guitars.
Tony

New rule: Shave your pubes. The ladies love it.
Quote by darkfire_storm
if i were to guess, i'd assume its to compensate for and balance out the better hardware... for $600 you can get an esp guitar with a floyd rose, active EMG's, neck-thru body setup, coil taps sometimes... schecter wont give you stuff like that for $600, or at least not what i've seen. if they threw amazing woods on top of it, you wouldnt be able to get it for 600. after playing both ESP's and Schecters though, i would definitely go with an ESP.

you can get a coil tap on a schecter dude. people mistake my schecter for a prs and its sounds and plays amazing.
Tony

New rule: Shave your pubes. The ladies love it.
Quote by Diamond Dave
all the agathis *LTDs* are made in korea (or maybe indonesia, **** knows, pretty sure its korea)

All the agathis LTD's are made in Indonesia. The mahogany guitars are made in korea.

Quote by Shreddmaster
dudes. schecter is amazing. best inlays ive ever seen in guitars, and its so cheap to. i have a c-1 elite its amazing. Ive also owned a esp/ltd viper. Those are nothing compared to schecters guitars.

What models have you owned?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I think LTD and Schecter are similar prices in USA. However, LTD prices are just damn outrageous here in UK, so I have not looked at them due to prices. Schecter are also a tad overpriced here in UK, but not as bad as LTD. I haven't played a Schecter before (a mate has and he says it's quite good) but I've played a LTD-EC-400 which was just great.
I have played several schecter guitars and they are great feeling and playing guitars.

You are getting a good guitar without paying as much for the name with Schecter.
And ESP owns schecter, so there are a lot of similarities.
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
Quote by timo1
WHAT?? on the shcecter website it even says it has no relations to esp

i think he means "owns" as a way of saying its better than something not owns as in actual ownership

wait n/m i think this guy does think esp owns scheter (yeah im lazy soi wont bother to spell it)
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
No, ESP physically owns Schecter guitars, however, The two companies are run completely independently with seperate management.

The following is a quite from the ESP forums, offical statements from ESP thread:

In response to the numerous inquiries and speculation on our forum regarding the relationship between ESP and Schecter Guitar Research, we feel it has become necessary to clarify the matter. Schecter Guitar Research is a wholly owned subsidiary of the ESP Company Limited of Japan, and was acquired in the early 1990' s. However, the two guitar companies operate as totally separate entities, in separate locations, with different management & personnel. Issues such as product design, quality control, customer service, marketing and pricing are decided independently.
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
Last edited by mattldm2003 at Mar 17, 2007,
Low end Schecter > low end LTD (meaning, below 400 series)

As far as high end goes, I prefer ESP to Schecter.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
There is a possibility that because ESP owns Schecter, that they can afford to sell a little cheaper.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by rexdime
maybe the esps are made in usa

haha not likely dude, used to aswell as being made in Germany. nowadays all ESP are made in Japan.
i just looked up who the owners of schecter were and the company is called eps not esp, if you look it up on wikipedia under the history of schecter or google "who owns schecter guitars" it will come up. i was under the impression that esp owned them as well but the company is still ruled under the schecter guy but owned by some japanese guys er sumthin. i think the eps thing threw everyone off who keeps telling us this. the only reason i looked it up was because i just layed away an ltd mh401nt string thru
"live to play, play to live"

05' ibanez s470qxdm
06' jackson dk2 pro series
peavey VK112 50watt
behringer x-Vamp-(soon to be digiT. rp500,
peavey vk120 watt half stack,

(debating on either s or rg prestige)
Quote by prodigi
i just looked up who the owners of schecter were and the company is called eps not esp, if you look it up on wikipedia under the history of schecter or google "who owns schecter guitars" it will come up. i was under the impression that esp owned them as well but the company is still ruled under the schecter guy but owned by some japanese guys er sumthin. i think the eps thing threw everyone off who keeps telling us this. the only reason i looked it up was because i just layed away an ltd mh401nt string thru

In 1987, the Texas investors sold the company to Hisatake Shibuya, a Japanese entrepreneur who also owned the Musicians Institute in Hollywood and ESP Guitars (To this day, Schecter Guitar Research and ESP Guitars have remained separate entities).[1] Shibuya moved the company back to California and returned Schecter to its custom shop roots, devoting all its efforts to manufacturing high-end, expensive custom instruments.

The guy that owns Schecter also owns ESP guitars. I don't know where you got the EPS thing but it definitely wasn't on wikipedia. And also you do know how old this thread is and how times this thing has been discussed.
Quote by timo1
WHAT?? on the shcecter website it even says it has no relations to esp

This has probably been addressed in these forums before, but Schecter and ESP are both owned by a Japanese businessman named Hisatake Shibuya. Beyond that, they are not connected.
well all i can say is wikapedia both companies and do your own research as far as who owns who. japan is where the premium ibbys come from. usa is where the primo schector and esps come from.
ltd has lowered they're model numbers this year on the standard series. so anything lower than the 350's are poop. but anyway my main point is both schector and ltd's non-u.s. are coming off the same assembly line look at almost all the models and you'll see either korea or indoniesa. i think the indo. factory is the more updated one. either way the factories are origionally cort brand factories if you remember them,(my first strat copy actually when i was 14). now esp and schector have outsourced thier lower end stuff. it's just like the peavey story, about 6 or 7 years ago hartley had a logistics guy come in and check the company over and the bottom line was if he didnt outsource most of his stuff he would be out of buisiness in 5 years. so thank god he did, because peavey makes alot of products that are still handmade in Mississippi but his lower end is made overseas somewhere. i would be surprised if his 100$ predator guitars were coming from the cort factory. i think samick comes out of there as well.......

well thats my thought for the day people keep rockin with whatever ya got,
peace and love!!!

vinman
"live to play, play to live"

05' ibanez s470qxdm
06' jackson dk2 pro series
peavey VK112 50watt
behringer x-Vamp-(soon to be digiT. rp500,
peavey vk120 watt half stack,

(debating on either s or rg prestige)
Wtf?

11-07-2009, 08:29 AM

That was the last post.

Seriously.
Quote by fleajr_1412

Ok ok, I concede defeat.

I love how some threads get revived more than once too. I was about to comment on how fail everything was going in here, but then I realized I don't know anything about 2007 ESPs lol.

Well I'll just report this for closure.