I've been playing for almost three years, and I'm looking for a new guitar. I believe this may be suited for me.

I mainly play rock, but I'm interested in almost all forms of guitar playing. I want to be able to go from blues to jazz to metal to funk. I was wondering if the Highway 1 Telecaster could allow me to do that. I was thinking of getting one with a rosewood fretboard and then installing a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Tele Humbucker.

I live in Australia, so this guitar would cost me about $1200, in my price range.

Does anyone have recommendations/comments/information for me?
Quote by iplayguitar88
just curious, is the highway1 your looking for the newer version or the older version one?

I'm not sure. But I'm guessing it would be the new one.
IMO go for a Highway one strat if you want metal (unless you odn't play metal prodominantly) if you want to play blues, jazz, country, lighter rock, stuff that doesnt need a metal style distortion then go for it, not saying teles cant do metal though.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
IMO go for a Highway one strat if you want metal (unless you odn't play metal prodominantly) if you want to play blues, jazz, country, lighter rock, stuff that doesnt need a metal style distortion then go for it, not saying teles cant do metal though.

That's a good idea.

Although, I'm not even sure if I want a Fender now. I've been wondering what I should get for almost three weeks now, and I can never settle on one guitar for more than a day. I just want something versatile.
Get a gibson....or a copy of, all through the range the gibsons are more versitile than a fender. a les paul or Sg i recomend
Quote by Mad_Rocker101
Get a gibson....or a copy of, all through the range the gibsons are more versitile than a fender. a les paul or Sg i recomend

I've thought about getting a Les Paul and tried playing one, but I don't like them. I dislike Tune-O-Matics and the joint at the neck is too large for me.
I got an H1 tele cuz i love the necks and thought they were uber versitle. I thought "hey Led Zeppelin recorded their first album on a tele so this can handle heavy stuff" it handles blues, jazz, classic rock, and pop perfectly, but when i turn on the distortion i still get that twangy sound. i liked the twang sound but i want the option of not having it. when i turn down the tone knob it kills the sustain so it defeats the purpose. at least it has a high resale value so i can sell it for a H1 strat or a schecter. I guess my answer is, its a great guitar if u want blues, jazz or 60s rock but mine doesnt handle the heavy stuff very well. It also depends on the amp u use. If i had a 1000 dollar tube amp then it would be different but i have a 130 dollar vox ad15 so i need something with humbuckers. Dont buy it right away like i did, do some reasearch and find out how to get a metal sound from it.
The new Highway One Tele is freaking awesome. I was blown away when I played it. I'm mates with the guy in the music shop and he agrees with me that they sound better than the current American Standards.

Their construction is wierd (stuff made in Mexico then assembled in America) but that's irrelevant because you end up with a bloody awesome guitar. I'm considering getting one after playing it the other day
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay