i recently started to learn theory and came across chord progression. i learnt it so far, only 4 major scale though.
maj
min
min
maj
dom
min
dim

whats chord progression? is it only to find chords go with the song or chords that match each other?

and where shld i go now? scales? or wat?
thanx
examples are I VI II V (first chord being the first, say Cmaj, next the 6th, say Amin, II is Dmin and V Gdom in this example..)

another one is simply I V or I VII VI V or just about all you can think of
1953 Epiphone zephyr
1988 PRS custom 24
1960 Moon oct. mandolin
darksauce, what you have posted is the chords in any major key. A better way of writing it is:

I ii iii IV V vi viio I

The roman numerals represent the scale degree that the chord is built off and upper case means Major, lower case means minor, and o means diminished. In C major (for simplicity) the chords you could use are C Dm Em F G Am Bdim.
Using these chords you can make a chord progression, such as the good ol' I IV V. In C that is C F G.

I think you should definately start learning some scales (especially the major scale) and start learning all of the notes on the fretboard.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
thanx 4 da feedback. ive alredy learnt da minor and major pentatonic and the major scale. so i kinda get wat chord progression is, just a particular way of chords goin on to the next chord? so if i take G, I IV V would b Gmaj, C#maj/Dbmaj, Dmaj/D7?
Not quite, the notes in G are G A B C D E F#, therefore C is the IV. Apart from that you're right!
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

damnit half a step off lol, thanx 4 ur help fellas. I IV V seems pretty popular, are der any dat sound bluesy or jazzy?
ii V I is a standard jazz progression.

12 bar blues is
I I I I
IV IV I I
V IV I V
At least, thats how I like to play it.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin