I'm well aware that Marshall MG combos and heads suck hardcore, but I was wondering how bad the cabinets are? I have a JCM 900 combo, and the MG 412 cabs are like $150 bucks on ebay, so I thought I could get one if they didnt suck as bad as the heads and run my combo thru it, and have like a 3/4's stack. Or even sell the combo and just buy a head for it (not an MG head tho). So, do they suck, and will I be able to tell a difference in sound if I got a MG 412 and compared it to a 1960 cab?
..::RIP::..
Randy Rhoads & Dimebag
Quote by X_Deathrow_X
I'm well aware that Marshall MG combos and heads suck hardcore, but I was wondering how bad the cabinets are? I have a JCM 900 combo, and the MG 412 cabs are like $150 bucks on ebay, so I thought I could get one if they didnt suck as bad as the heads and run my combo thru it, and have like a 3/4's stack. Or even sell the combo and just buy a head for it (not an MG head tho). So, do they suck, and will I be able to tell a difference in sound if I got a MG 412 and compared it to a 1960 cab?

I don't know exactly how bad they are, but the 1960 is definitely much better. I'm not sure how the MG's are construction-wise; if they are decent you could always replace the speakers for something better.
Construction-wise they are pretty solid. I'm not sure what the frame is but I know the back is just particle board.

The speakers suck arse. You'd be way better off just paying the extra for a good cab like a 1960 or even some other brand.

I wouldn't recommend buying the MG cab.
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Construction-wise they are pretty solid. I'm not sure what the frame is but I know the back is just particle board.

The speakers suck arse. You'd be way better off just paying the extra for a good cab like a 1960 or even some other brand.

I wouldn't recommend buying the MG cab.

Buying a MG cab and replacing the speakers (with Eminence, for example), will save a few hundred. If they are 'pretty solid' as you see, I see no reason why this wouldn't be a good idea.