Hey,
I picked up a new guitar lastnight from a mate (epiphone les paul vintage) and re-strung it. It was only the third time I've re-strung a guitar cos I'm still pretty new to all this and I did it the same way as before.
So I strung, tuned, played a little bit, tuned again because new strings will stretch at first right? I've played it a fair bit since lastnight and strings 3 to 6 are fine. The trouble is that 1st and 2nd string will have already dropped out of tune before I'm even halfway through a song, just playin gentle basic chords.
Is there somethin I might have done wrong or will they be alright after a while?
Cheers, Max
just stretch the strings as in do a whole load of bends and then re tune it and it should be fine and if its not im fairly baffled.
i think thats probably normal. the thicker strings have more to stretch if you know what i mean, so its natural that they will take longer to get right.
i had a similar problem once and it turned out it was because i didnt end up having enough string around the tuning head once it had been tightened which meant the string would slip a little and the tuning would be out heaps quick
could also be the tuners
there are good epis and cheap epis
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Cheers guys,
did bends in each fret on the 1st and 2nd strings and re-tuned, then repeated twice.
Just ran through a couple of songs and it's much better now.
Max