Hello,

im looking for a wah pedal. My budget is anything under a hundred pounds. I play alot of blues and jimi hendrix. I also playsome hard rock and the heaviest thing i goto is metallica.

I've been looking at 3

- Vox v847

- Ibanez Weeping demon

- Jim Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby ZW 45

I was wonderign what you guys thought of these and if there is anything else that is also worth trying out. I dont see many threads on the zakk wylde wah and so was wondering if it was good

thanlks
out of those youd either want the Zakk Wylde or the Vox, and I'd personally prefer the ZW.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The Zakk will cover your needs and more. I'm not sure how much it is at the moment but a standard Classic Crybaby with the Fasel adapter will sound awesome. That's what Slash, Kirk Hamnett use. The Zakk will be based along those grounds but I imagine it could be customised to have more high end for searing leads the higher the neck you go.
I've got the Zakk Wylde wah and I couldn't be more satisfied with it. It definitely covers everything, and I don't think there's a wah that goes with overdrive as well as it does.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
how many dollars is 100 pounds?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
100.00 Usd = 51.4990 Gbp
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
I've tried all three and own the Wylde wah.

When I went to try them I picked up a standard Crybaby, it just didn't seem to have enough of an effect on the sound, so I put it back, and then I tried the Vox. The Vox was hands down my favorite, it's incredibly wet and really changes the sound noticably. However a major downfall to the Vox is that there is no 9v adapter outlet for it and the battery is a pain to get to. This is what led me to the Zakk Wylde wah, it changes the tone a lot, but really isn't as impressive as the vox, and often times, just a bit to extreme for my tastes. You might also consider the Slash wah, it's slightly more expensive, iirc, but it does have a built in distortion and might be the more versitile pedal.

The Wylde Wah has a huge range and a great construction, I think if you get it you'll be happy with it. I am for the most part, but I'm still considering geting a regular crybaby wah, or a used vox to get different styles of wah.
The_Syrus, you can get this little adapter thingy that converts a 9V DC power connector to a 9V batter connector...you should've really gotten it if you preferred the V847. :\
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Try a morley power wah i have one and love it its sooo versitile i does hendrix awesomely metal even better and a phaseing effect too.
thanks man,

ill try out

- Crybaby classic with fasel

- Zakk wylde Crybaby

- Vox V847a

Can the v847 do metallica?
I was talking about something like this:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
I Tried out the ZW wah and it sounds pretty sweet diffrent from a simple ordinary Cry baby wah it gives a good No more tears sound to it i liked it i plan to buy one my self i would recomend it, its great for metal
Quote by campbell92
I do hate it though, when I trip and a guy pulls his pants down at the same time and his penis goes inside my mouth.
Uhh there's no wah in No More Tears man...
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Quote by The Postman
thanks man,

ill try out

- Crybaby classic with fasel

- Zakk wylde Crybaby

- Vox V847a

Can the v847 do metallica?

yes it can, but anything much heavier than that I don't think it can do. It can do pretty much anything expect metal.
I got the dunlop (not the fasel one), then did two very cheap modifications to it and now it sounds almost just like Voodoo Chile, I went to this page,

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.castledine/greenfuz/wah.html

and did the Vocal mod with a 100k resistor, and the midrange mod with a 2.2k resistor.

It's cheap, and really gives you that WAH sound that Hendrix had. This page can help you out with figuring out the color codes of resistors.

http://www.samengstrom.com/nxl/3660/4_band_resistor_color_code_page.en.html

Give it a try!
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!