Im really stuck... Im looking for a new guitar in the 200-300 dollar range and dont know what to get... I've played a few epiphones and i liked them a lot. Im looking for a really versatile guitar that can play everything from really clean blues to heavy metal if i wanted to.... ive been looking around musicians friend but although ive been PLAYING guitar for almost five years now, sadly, i find i know hardly anything about them

i could really use some help

thanks a lot
I'm also looking for a new guitar around that price range, so maybe I can help out a bit. I assume that you want to upgrade so that you aren't stuck with a new "beginner" guitar? I myself have been looking a lot on the epiphone version of the Gibson es-335, It's one of the most versatile guitars out there and it looks so sweet. Now I know that your price range goes up to 300 dollars, but you must know that guitarstores often are open for some bargaining, so you can squeeze down on prices, now don't be fooled of the es-335's "jazzy" looks, it plays a helluva distortion with good sustain, hope I helped!
200-300 is only gonna get you a beginner guitar, sell your eps and get a nice 900-1100 guitar, if you've been playing for 5 years, you need something better than a 300 dollar guitar.
Quote by Der Bomber
I'm also looking for a new guitar around that price range, so maybe I can help out a bit. I assume that you want to upgrade so that you aren't stuck with a new "beginner" guitar? I myself have been looking a lot on the epiphone version of the Gibson es-335, It's one of the most versatile guitars out there and it looks so sweet. Now I know that your price range goes up to 300 dollars, but you must know that guitarstores often are open for some bargaining, so you can squeeze down on prices, now don't be fooled of the es-335's "jazzy" looks, it plays a helluva distortion with good sustain, hope I helped!

really? i didnt know that i could haggle with the guitar shops,,that'll definitely come in handy .... never even heard of the es-335.. ill have to check that out.. thanks
you should definitely check out Cort guitars .. especially G series are very versatile and good price/quality ratio
Fender Fat Strats are good. I'd save up a bit more for something in that range if you could.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
schecter omen anyone?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by Lauke_101
you should definitely check out Cort guitars .. especially G series are very versatile and good price/quality ratio

HEEELLLLL YEEEAAAAA BBOOOOOOYYYYY

Cort guitars are ****ing awsome. nuff said. but then again the ES-335 is one of my favorite guitars so if you want that go for it. but dude if youve been playing for 5 years you gotta upgrade to atleast a mediocre guitar.
tele with humbucker in neck

tis a thing of beauty it is...

or maybe save up for a schecter but id personally go for the tele
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
yu want a dean dime razorback, bit out of ur price range doh, 1000 dollars:P take a look at it on ebay
Quote by guitarhero_764
200-300 is only gonna get you a beginner guitar, sell your eps and get a nice 900-1100 guitar, if you've been playing for 5 years, you need something better than a 300 dollar guitar.

He said he had PLAYED some Epis, not that he OWNS one.
if you have been playing for five years you would deserve more than 300 dollar guitar get some sort of esp there good for any type of music really i have got one and i am probably going to get another one
Get an Ibanez!!!

just kidding, My Epi les paul standard is ace for a wide range of styles. I play punk, a little metal (and I mean little but i've heard they can be pretty good). There very versitle guitars (and they look good too )

Just go into a store and check em out, and dont be afraid to push for a lower price, I think the store I go to gets a 100% profit from every guitar they have.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
Definitely check out a Switch Stealth Oscar or a Hagstrom F-200.

They are both very versatile and very well built for the price.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.