I was recently looking up prices of talk boxes and I found something shocking to me. Australians pay more for electronics than Americans do, a lot more. The talk box I was looking at is 130 bucks, but at this australia site, its 290 bucks! Thats a hell of a difference, so...

Just that site or do Australians really pay more for things?
There are a couple of factors.

Number 1. The Australian dollar does not have the same value as the American dollar. I don't know what the exchange rate it, but I'm fairly sure the Australian dollar isn't "worth as much" as the American.

Number 2. It costs money to ship things places.... the companies won't eat that cost... they'll pass it on to the consumer.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by Musicman48858
There are a couple of factors.

Number 1. The Australian dollar does not have the same value as the American dollar. I don't know what the exchange rate it, but I'm fairly sure the Australian dollar isn't "worth as much" as the American.

Number 2. It costs money to ship things places.... the companies won't eat that cost... they'll pass it on to the consumer.

Even for Australian based websites?

But yeah could be the dollar one.
Yeah but since most of our electronics are made in the orient seems that it would be less to ship to austrailia since they are closer.

heres a theory, its a conspiracy. Aussies make such damn great music, (ie, AC/DC, Wolfmother, Jet, etc.) that manufactures figure if an aussie picks up an intrument that they are bound to get some return on it because they will all end up making it big, so they figure that these items are acutally more valuable down under.

thats what i think
Quote by sixstringz
Yeah but since most of our electronics are made in the orient seems that it would be less to ship to austrailia since they are closer.

heres a theory, its a conspiracy. Aussies make such damn great music, (ie, AC/DC, Wolfmother, Jet, etc.) that manufactures figure if an aussie picks up an intrument that they are bound to get some return on it because they will all end up making it big, so they figure that these items are acutally more valuable down under.

thats what i think

I thought AC/DC were born in Scotland but moved to australia with their mum?
well, Australia i think has higher taxes directly put onto the price of the products, they have higher import tarrifs than the US does, and thier currency is weaker. Plus noone likes australia anyway, and thier music scene seems to be stuck in the 70s.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by GrEgUms1991
I thought AC/DC were born in Scotland but moved to australia with their mum?

I think you're right, but it's the same thing with EVH. He's Dutch by birth, but moved to the US when he was like five so for all practical purposes, he's American.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
I think the young brothers are scottish by birth, but the band formed in austrailia