Preferably a <5w tube combo with a 6-10" speaker. I can't really seem to find any anywhere. Do they even make them? The key is the smallness. Like the size of a computer screen or smaller
you can get an vintage Vox Student..it will cost you about 500USD
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Considering who you are, I'm gonna guess your joking

But if your not, I guess you could get a valve junior combo.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Silverface Fender Champ!

+/- 400$, handmade, awesome tone. They aren't very versatile though.

What genres do you play? What's your budget?
the music style doesn't matter nor does the price. Sometimes I'll see these really old small tube combo's from like the 50's/60's. That's really what I'm looking for, a vintage tube combo that's really small as I mentioned
How about the new Fender Champion 600? It's a got a 6" speaker, which isn't very common for a tube combo. I have no idea about the price.

If just getting a head is alright, then there's not really anything smaller than the Zvex Nano.
VJ combo. 5w, 8" speaker, £90, sounds bloody brilliant. Replace the valves and you've got a killer amp for less than some FX pedals.

EDIT: Here's that Champion 600 you just mentioned: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/71762 .

Looks interesting for sure...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^that one looks pretty cool. It would be awesome though to get an original from the 50's. The new ones would be good to mod and customize.

Questions about the Champion 600
- it's class A right? I would think so considering the low wattage and one 6v6
- does anybody know where it's made? USA? Taiwan? .....Lithuania?
- has anybody ever seen the inside of the amp in regards to wheather or not it has a PCB or turret board? I wouldn't think this amp has a lot inside, considering how basic it is.

I'm thinking of buying this amp just to screw around with. I'll change the tubes to something better and probably less gain. I'll also see if I can replace the stock ceramic speaker with a low wattage AlNiCo, but they are hard as hell to find at 6" and 4 ohms. I'll have to see if Weber has one
Quote by Gutch220

Questions about the Champion 600
- it's class A right? I would think so considering the low wattage and one 6v6
- does anybody know where it's made? USA? Taiwan? .....Lithuania?
- has anybody ever seen the inside of the amp in regards to wheather or not it has a PCB or turret board? I wouldn't think this amp has a lot inside, considering how basic it is.

I'm thinking of buying this amp just to screw around with. I'll change the tubes to something better and probably less gain. I'll also see if I can replace the stock ceramic speaker with a low wattage AlNiCo, but they are hard as hell to find at 6" and 4 ohms. I'll have to see if Weber has one

It's class A. I didn't know it was that cheap, so you really can't expect point-to-point wiring, and it's most likely made in China or somewhere similar.
I wouldn't expect point-to-point wiring but a small turret board might be possible I guess since there is nothing to the amp.
Would a Blues Junior work? theyre about 5 watts if I remember, have a 10 inch speaker and the same circutry as other better models and I'm pretty sure they have a cab extension incase you'd want to be louder.
I'm constantly on the lookout for the same sort of thing. You can find stuff like the Sears XL (Silvertone) for under $200. Airline, Harmony, and Kay are a few semi-under-the-radar brands that you might be able to find for a somewhat affordable price. Some have just the volume knob, or the volume and tone. I like finding the stuff with tremolo built in.

Magnatone's are really cool. Really have their own sound, and they had a few 2-3W models, but they can be pretty pricey. Once you start looking at anything made by Valco, the prices really shoot up. A lot of collectors out there.

And vintage Fenders are just way too overpriced. Love 'em, but almost impossible to find a deal on 'em.

Or you could get lucky at an estate sale.

Good luck, and post pics when you find something!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
look on craigslist. lots of them on there, i'm considering an old 7W combo for $75.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
look on craigslist. lots of them on there, i'm considering an old 7W combo for $75.

Not where I live.

I'd jump all over that one if someone hasn't already beaten you to it. I guarantee the same amp, without knowing a thing about it, would cost you over $200 on eBay. Can't believe what people'll pay for some beat up crap on there.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania

And vintage Fenders are just way too overpriced.

That's why you go just slightly newer than vintage: silverface. They aren't overpriced.
Quote by mr_hankey
That's why you go just slightly newer than vintage: silverface. They aren't overpriced.

Tough to find a silverface Champ for under $300. You can find other brands with the same features, or even built to the identical specs, for a lot less. You're fortunate to have what you've got. Silverface's are coming up in price now, too. And Champs from the early 80's Rivera era are going for over $400-500 on a regular basis, although they're 18W.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
crate palomino, 8w, but really small. sounds really good.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by slatsmania
Tough to find a silverface Champ for under $300. You can find other brands with the same features, or even built to the identical specs, for a lot less. You're fortunate to have what you've got. Silverface's are coming up in price now, too. And Champs from the early 80's Rivera era are going for over $400-500 on a regular basis, although they're 18W.

Those are Super Champs, IMO the best (and most versatile) Champs. I paid 400 euro for my Champ, which is what all the silverfaces seem to go for around here. That's just over 500$. I really don't know of any other handmade tube combo's for that price. Blues Junior's are just under 600 euro here, and for the price of a new Hot Rod Deluxe you can get a mid-seventies Bassman stack.

If you find a Super Champ, buy it! They're amazing.
Quote by mr_hankey
How about the new Fender Champion 600? It's a got a 6" speaker, which isn't very common for a tube combo. I have no idea about the price.

If just getting a head is alright, then there's not really anything smaller than the Zvex Nano.

the new fender champ IS GROSS!!! 200 i believe in USD
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
Quote by mr_hankey
That's just over 500$. I really don't know of any other handmade tube combo's for that price.

All those brands I listed above are hand-wired, and most of 'em come in at half the price of the Champ or less. I'd love to get my hands on one, but I'll wait 'til I luck into a deal rather than pay the going rate.

I was in NYC last week and cruised a couple vintage shops. Saw a couple Vibrochamps (which I'd really like!), and one guy wanted $700 for one! Another guy closer to me has a pile of 'em that he wants $400 apiece for.

Like I said, you're fortunate.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania

I was in NYC last week and cruised a couple vintage shops. Saw a couple Vibrochamps (which I'd really like!), and one guy wanted $700 for one! Another guy closer to me has a pile of 'em that he wants $400 apiece for.

Like I said, you're fortunate.

Vibro-Champs here are usually just 20 euro more than normal Champs.
They were silverfaced, right?
Quote by mr_hankey
They were silverfaced, right?

Yeah. Cool little amps.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Won the auction for a nice little Harmony 303A, baby! $117.50, not bad.

Clean as a whistle, can't wait to try 'er out!

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by The_Syrus
Would a Blues Junior work? theyre about 5 watts if I remember, have a 10 inch speaker and the same circutry as other better models and I'm pretty sure they have a cab extension incase you'd want to be louder.

dont think it would work in his situation, its 15 watts with a 12 inch speaker, probably too loud.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
I've got a couple of classic/vintage harmony amps that work quite well..

I can't really understand the uber low wattage, though, most to me under 15w is about the same.
I just talked to one of the guys at Fender and he said the Champion 600 reissues hadn't even "hit the streets" yet.
Has anyboy seen them in a music shop yet?
It's up on Musician's Friend, they say it's due on April 2. Pretty close, now.

...but I still think you should go for something genuinely vintage!

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
It's up on Musician's Friend, they say it's due on April 2. Pretty close, now.

...but I still think you should go for something genuinely vintage!

yea, I probably will. I'm just looking for something to screw around with