I'm a beginnerish player, I'm messing around with I can't Explain. Now, with the chords:
E x7999x
D x5777x

How do I get the third 9 and 7? I can play it ok just with the 3 string power chord but it obviously doesn't give that fullish sound. How do I fret the chords properly?

Oh and also
A 577655

I barre the 5 initially to achieve this right?
for the E and D chords, you use the index on the A string, the middle on D, the ring on G and the pinky on the B string. for the A chord, you barre the 5th fret on all the strings with the index, ring on the A string, pinky on D and middle on G. hope this helps.

- Faisal
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Damn index finger won't stretch onto the A string when the others are placed lol

Am I retarded?
Yes. What you have to do is, put your index finger on the A string and take your third finger and lay it across the D, G and B string thus barring it and pressing all the strings down with your third finger. So you really just need two fingers
Quote by Lord Jesus
Yes. What you have to do is, put your index finger on the A string and take your third finger and lay it across the D, G and B string thus barring it and pressing all the strings down with your third finger. So you really just need two fingers

I never thought of that, I am truly retarded, thank you

Sounds a lot better now
yeah i was gonna suggest barreing the chords too. but i cant use my ring finger, my hands are to small, i gotta use my pinky
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
To play the A chord, I just lay my first (index) finger across the 5th fret on all strings, middle (2nd) finger for the G string's 6th fret, 3rd (ring) finger for the A string's 7th fret and my pinky for the D string's 7th fret.