Ok im 17 years old, live in missouri. I got a speeding ticket doing 40 in a 25. First ticket, do you think my insurance is gonna go up, and how much if you do?
Fender CD-110E Acoustic Electric
Ibanez RG350DX

Crate GT30
Zoom 505 II
Digitech Df-7 Distortion Factory
Yes it will, depends on insurance company how much.
Gear: Yamaha AES 620 Equipped with SD JB+APH-1
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Equipped with BKP Mothers Milk
Fender Pro Jr., Traynor YCV 50, Diamond J-Drive MK3, Fulltone 70's Fuzz, Teese RMC Wizard Wah, Boss dd-3, Boss CE-5, Korg DT-10 pedal tuner.
Yeah, it might be alot since your 17 too.
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Yes, it will. How much? Who knows. And as said before, they will probabl be harsh on you because your 17.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
sorry to bump this thread...but I have had terrible luck and just got a ticket for 80 in a 55...I got a ticket a month or so ago for breaking restrictions..I could lose my license..I was just wondering what might happen to me when I go to the court date..

help?
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
sorry to bump this thread...but I have had terrible luck and just got a ticket for 80 in a 55...I got a ticket a month or so ago for breaking restrictions..I could lose my license..I was just wondering what might happen to me when I go to the court date..

help?

Who cares?

You call that "terrible luck?"

Don't go 80 in a 55 and I assure you your luck will change quite rapidly.
XBL Gamertag: SealCubs
^ 80... you're fucked. I got a ticket for doing 35 in a 25 and I'm pretty screwed. But you, my good friend, are fucked...
Smooth move Jordan.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
It depends. Take it to court, plead guilty with an explanation, make up some BS explanation, and if its convincing, you wont get the points or have to pay the fine. If the points dont go on your license, no increase in the insurance. Or the cop might not even show up, in which case, no court fees, no ticket, no points, no insurance change.

SAXEDIT:
I got a ticket doing 54 in a 30 about six moths after I got my lisence. I got one point, insurance went up a bit, and thats the lot of it, no "big trouble."
Thanks for the help Saxaxe..everyone else doesn't care to help..it is terrible luck..the one time I speed I get caught..
How it works here where I live (California) is that you should be able to take traffic school to take the point off of your record, which means no increase in insurance.

However, if you were doing 80 in a 55, I believe that is considered reckless endangerment, no? That is worth two points, and wouldn't be taken off your record.

That's my understanding of things...
Quote by l2p_Guitar
Who cares?

You call that "terrible luck?"

Don't go 80 in a 55 and I assure you your luck will change quite rapidly.

Owwwwned. That bugs me too though, everyone talks about their bad luck with cops, well if you wouldn't drive illegaly you'd probably stand a better chance of not getting a ticket... -sigh
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Owwwwned. That bugs me too though, everyone talks about their bad luck with cops, well if you wouldn't drive illegaly you'd probably stand a better chance of not getting a ticket... -sigh

Everyone speeds buddy, I hate to burst whatever picture you had of the world. Some of us get caught. It really is bad luck.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
40 in a 25 though, isn't that just a tad obvious? I'm not saying everyones perfect :P
I do feel sorry for the threadstarter though, insurance sucks.
Last edited by HunterRiggs10 at Jan 15, 2008,
yeah I used to go about 5-10 mph over the limit always. always. I did it because I hate being the driver in front of a line of people going the speed limit. it sucks. but now that i got a ticket i have to be the douchey person in front of everyone else. oh well.
i got 3 tickets from when i was 16 until now, i'm 19....and i pay a sh*t load for insur-ranch!
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
^^Haha that's awesome. My friend is a pizza delivery boy, and he keeps his insulated bag in the car, so when he gets pulled over he just says he's late for a delivery.

Quote by Vornik
Everyone speeds buddy, I hate to burst whatever picture you had of the world. Some of us get caught. It really is bad luck.

There's a difference between 5 over and getting caught and 25 over and getting caught.

When you're going 80 in a 55 you know it. You know you're clearly speeding and asking for a ticket.
XBL Gamertag: SealCubs