I've just read up about Somalia on Wikipedia, and found that there is no government, since the early 1990's. Most parts are run my mobs and warlords. Well does this mean that there are no laws, and therefor you could do whatever you wanted, for example murder, rape, theft? Would other countries be able to come and stop you, or are you basically free to do as you wish?
Murder, rape and theft does take place there. Yes, this is illegal but who the hell would come to stop it?
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Yeah, Somalia has it so good
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Krieg Commando
Would other countries be able to come and stop you, or are you basically free to do as you wish?

Umm... Black Hawk Down? Where have you been?

If you haven't seen it, watch it. Shows how messed up it is. People try, the country has more bad then good, everything goes downhill from there.
Quote by HawkaLuigi
And here Bush is worrying about Iraq.

Well yeah, Iraq is a hellhole. Always was.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Well yeah, Iraq is a hellhole. Always was.

But at least they had a government. Somalia sounds terrible.
Get off my lawn.
Somalia is one of the only Countries in the world living in Anarchy I think. I can't think of any others, yes Iraq but thats all.
Quote by Krieg Commando
Somalia is one of the only Countries in the world living in Anarchy I think. I can't think of any others, yes Iraq but thats all.

If you consider being run by mobs and warlord "anarchy"
But atleast people are aware of Iraq...
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Quote by Krieg Commando

Iraq isn't really Anarchy, it just has a weak central government because no one can find common ground. They need to learn to be independent.
Get off my lawn.
Quote by dennmetal

I know why don't you actually read up about it on wikipedia, before rolling your eyes.

Anyway Anarchy, refers to the situation in which a human society exists without government, mobs and warlords do not count as government...
Quote by Maggot66
Umm... Black Hawk Down? Where have you been?

If you haven't seen it, watch it. Shows how messed up it is. People try, the country has more bad then good, everything goes downhill from there.

not rly a good idea to base your ideas on a hollywood movie...whether or not there is some truth to it in this case
this is anarchy.

and this is why i hate (most) anarchists.

because if they got their way, this is what the whole world would be like.
The UN tried to help them but all the warlords and whatnot ended up stealing food for themselves. Then the USA got involved and did alright for a while but after the Black Hawk Down incident they pulled the troops. I'm pretty sure very few people had been killed before that day and we had actually made some progress. I could be wrong though. I've only read the book twice.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by Daedelus
this is anarchy.

and this is why i hate (most) anarchists.

because if they got their way, this is what the whole world would be like.

Well that was a horribly close-minded comment.

But from what I've heard of Somalia, the place is like hell on Earth, only worse.
My dad went their about 6 years ago. A group of kids threatened to kill thinking he was american, but he show him his english passport . He said the cars have guns welded on the roofs and the gangs fight all night.
now extra flamey
Quote by dennmetal

The warlords would (and I'm presuming here, but presuming using the general definition of "warlord") essentially function as a really sh*tty government, in some places and contexts.

What you need to remember though is that many/most countries laws apply to their CITIZENS, rather than their territory; if you're an American, say, and you go for a trip to Somalia to kill or rape a couple people, assuming you're not killed in the process, I'm pretty sure you'll run into some legal trouble on your return home.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Those things are illegal but who's going to stop them? Laws are only good if they can be enforced.