just rang up my local guitar shop and they said they can't get the DSL 100 in for a couple of months but would sell it to me with the 1960A cab for £850 ($1645) which is very cheap!

but they just rang and offered a TSL 100 and the 1960A cab for £900 ($1740)

but iv never played the TSL but he said that its exactly the same but just with an extra channel he said its same valves everything but which one shud i get?
well it depends on if you already have a versitile amp. Do you need the versitility of a tsl?
If not i would go for the dsl cuz i heard it sounds better. Marshall is not my first choice but if you need one ok.
Gear:
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Strat
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
2x12 cab
crybaby 535q
Yamaha acoustic
zoom fire 36
boss mega distortion
atm the moment i play a Line 6 spider II !!

i need a new amp!!!

and look at tubes and stuff the tsl is exactly the same as a dsl!

but im not sure!! i need help!!!
try it out for yourself mate, that's the only way of figuring out if you want something or not. well its either that or a massive attack of GAS
wait he's throwing in a TSL head for 50 pounds??
id ****in get it TSL is just DSL with extra channel
im getting a DSL401 soon but i would get the TSL if i had the money
im poor as hell lol
Quote by azn_guitarist25
try it out for yourself mate, that's the only way of figuring out if you want something or not. well its either that or a massive attack of GAS

Well problem is i tried out a DSL 100 today and loved the tone and warmth of it.

but shop cant do it so he sed TSL is the same tone but 3 channels and an EQ for all of them.
Quote by stephen_rettie
wait he's throwing in a TSL head for 50 pounds??
id ****in get it TSL is just DSL with extra channel
im getting a DSL401 soon but i would get the TSL if i had the money
im poor as hell lol

no well kind of hes saying he will sell me the tsl 100 for £50 more than the DSL 100
You'll get a better response making just one thread about the topic!
Quote by II HaZzA II
Well problem is i tried out a DSL 100 today and loved the tone and warmth of it.

but shop cant do it so he sed TSL is the same tone but 3 channels and an EQ for all of them.

yes i know that but im telling you to try out the TSL to see if you still wanna buy it or if you want to wait and buy the DSL. and imo their would be some tone changes somewhere
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yes i know that but im telling you to try out the TSL to see if you still wanna buy it or if you want to wait and buy the DSL. and imo their would be some tone changes somewhere

ok but surely any tone changes would be good? as you have an EQ for each channel ??
tsl is great i love it, i heard that the dsl sounds a bit better tho, but i liked the tsl's versatility

Do you really need 100wts? because i have the 60wts and its really loud(loud enough for bigger gigs) and the sound from 60wts to 100 isnt much louder. And the 60wts is less money. Tube amps sound better cranked btw

Quote by FireItUp714
tsl is great i love it, i heard that the dsl sounds a bit better tho, but i liked the tsl's versatility

Do you really need 100wts? because i have the 60wts and its really loud(loud enough for bigger gigs) and the sound from 60wts to 100 isnt much louder. And the 60wts is less money. Tube amps sound better cranked btw

i know but doesnt turning them up loads also damage the tubes??
Quote by II HaZzA II
i know but doesnt turning them up loads also damage the tubes??

Tube break up is the reason most people want a tube amp, it's a more "natural" distortion and you need to crank them to get that. Yes it will use the tubes a little quicker but hey....

EDIT: I guess you could compare it to buying a Ferrari but not wanting to drive it fast cause it uses more fuel!
Last edited by treagar at Mar 17, 2007,